Chapter 18: The Hunt Part 2

''If you don't want the seven of you to die tonight, I recommend you turn back into humans right now. Be good dogs and put your hands up were we can see them.'' The youngest looking of the two hunters spoke.

The full moon made transformation easier and their wolves stronger, but it also made turning back into humans that much more draining and weakened their humans forms. These hunters knew exactly what they were doing.

The four wolves grunted and slowly reverted back into humans, there was no negotiating when they were in wolf form, this was the only way.

As soon as Jin had reverted back he turned around and tried to lift the net, but he only managed to burn the skin on his hands.

''This land belongs to our family, you have nothing to do here. We're not doing anything wrong, we're just hunting. Just let them go and leave us be.'' Namjoon said, diplomatically, but his eyes full of threats.

''Monsters don't have the same rights as humans. You killed our father so you started this.'' One of the hunters spoke.

''Your father? You mean the hunter that shot Yu in the head? It was self defense, he was the one laying traps on our turf. We're lucky none of us died because of him. We never hurt anyone, you're the ones waging war on us for no reason. Let them go and leave our territory, we don't want to fight.'' Namjoon said calmly, still hoping that the situation could be resolved pacifically.

''A small pack like yours shouldn't have provoked a family of hunters. Lucky for you I'm feeling generous. We're always testing the efficiency of new weapons so we can make one of you into a test subject. You get to pick, which one of you gets to survive and become our guinea pig?''

The hunter's guns were aimed at their brothers, stuck under the silver net. They couldn't escape, if they made any sort of attempt to fight back the trio would get killed.

Namjoon's brains was running at full speed but no matter how he strategized, this was a dead end. They couldn't all escape this alive.

He looked to Yoongi but instead of the defeated air he was expecting, Yoongi's eyes were alert, like he was aware of something that Namjoon hadn't noticed yet. He took a deep breath and a smell hit his nose.

It was a complex aroma that smelled of nuts and some kind of sweet herb, a calming, rich scent...

He didn't hear a single footstep or see her white silhouette approaching, only his nose had given him the clue that Yu was near...

That's probably the reason why the hunters didn't get a chance to spot her until the white wolf appeared just behind them. The youngest hunter's face took a shocked expression as he flipped around and pointed his gun at Yu.

''Don't come closer or they die!'' He yelled, aiming at her while his brother kept his aim on the men under the net. ''Should I just kill this one now? It almost managed to sneak up on us and kill us, it's dangerous....''

''No you idiot! This one is female; they're worth a little fortune on the black market. Turn back into a human and be a good girl if you value these dogs' lives...'' the oldest warned.

Yu reverted back into a human and lifted her hands obediently, but her eyes were full of a fury so burning Namjoon could barely recognise her. Despite the gun held on her, she kept slowly walking forward.

''What are you doing here? Why did you come back! They'll kill you!'' Jin exclaimed, shocked to see Yu had come back to help them.

''Don't come closer or I'll shoot!'' the younger hunter warned,

''Don't aim for anything vital, I want the bitch alive!'' the other one argued.

Yu's eyes had an expression of complete focus and she took another step.

A loud bang was heard and Namjoon closed his eyes, expecting to have to witness the girl's death, but the shot was followed by nothing but silence.

Had the hunter missed?

A red spot grew on Yu's shoulder and blood was slowly seeping through her grey hoodie. 

Instead of wriggling in pain on the ground because of the silver bullet, she looked unfazed.

Who can get shot and not even flinch? Is this girl really the same Yu, that they we've all been treating like a cute lost puppy? Namjoon thought, a chill running up his spine.

He could only imagine how scared the hunters must have been to see this monster calmly walking towards them.

''I'm done running away.'' The girl said with burning resolve, getting closer and closer to the hunters and the boys.

'' The girl said with burning resolve, getting closer and closer to the hunters and the boys

Author's note: 

Did you really fall for the number of the cute wolf girl who didn't know anything? Of course; Yu is a closet badass! 

With her on their side, Bangtan's chances of escaping the hunters are better, but they are sill far from being out of this mess! 

Can they really  all get out of this predicatement unscated?

One thing is for sure, things are about to get bloody; you don't wanna miss that!

Thank you so much for reading and stay tuned for The Hunt Part 3!