Chapter 39 : The Weight of Truth

Suddenly, she was back to the present, and although her body felt like it had been ripped to shreds, it seemed like her captor had stopped torturing her when she had fainted.

Minutes ago she was scared of him and this situation felt like the pits of despair, but now she remembered what true despair was.

This was nothing but a human overestimating his power over her.

She remembered now, she had survived worst, and she was stronger than she had given herself credit for.

The only thing holding her back was a pair of cuffs, she was strong enough she could tear through normal cuffs without much difficulty. Although these golden ones were different, they were still noting but rings of metals around her wrists.

They were too tight for her to slip her wrist out because of the width of her hands, so she brought her two hands together and she slammed her left thumb against the wall with enough force to dislocate it, drawing a growl of pain out of her.

Even with the bump of her thumb out of the way it would be a tight fit and the cuffs were burning her so severely that she couldn't slip her hand out without irreversibly loosing some flesh.

She tucked her dislocated thumb under her index and with her free hand she forced her hand out of the cuff, the side of her hand with her pinky finger taking the most of the damage.

With a pain so searing hot that it felt like it was reverberating up her arm through her hole body, Yuki yanked her hand out of the cuff, most of her pinky finger and the side of her hand getting charred in the process.

She slipped the free half of the cuffs off of the hook that was keeping them tied to the wall behind her and, with her now free hand ,she ripped the tape off of her eyes and took the gag out of her mouth.

She looked at her still cuffed hand, trying to figure out a way to free it without sacrificing another finger. As long as the gold was on her, she was in a very weakened state; she couldn't attempt a proper escape before she was rid of it.

As she was working out a plan, she heard footsteps outside the room where she was being kept.

She was too weak to transform or walk, so she decided to crawl next to the door.

As soon as the hunter stepped into the room, she tripped him with the chain of her cuff, and she jumped on him right as he fell. She didn't even think anymore, she just let her body move on its own, and it knew how to win.

She let him try to punch her as she felt the familiar pain of the transformation echo through her, she couldn't manage to transform into a wolf, but she felt her teeth grow sharp and her nails grow into claws. She dug her nails in the man's abdomen, drawing out a yell of pain, while her other hand pushed his arms away from her throat as he attempted to choke her.

She dove forward and sank her teeth in his neck, the warm blood soon pulsing in her mouth. She ripped his jugular out while he was gurgling and choking on his own blood.

The taste caressed her lips and she was tempted to swallow it down, until she came back to her senses and spat it out, disgusted at the thought that had just crossed her mind.

She dug through the man's pants and found the key to unlock her cuffs. She freed her second hand and got up, before leaving the shed the man was hiding them in.

She turned into a wolf and walked off, towards no direction in particular.

She remembered now, she remembered everything.

Now she wished her memories had never came back.