Chapter 37: Vengeance

My father had died, just like my brothers, at the hands of these animals. The rest of my kind were so cocky with their guns and their influence that they had walked right through a war they were certain to lose.

One could not defeat a Lycan with brute strength, but they didn't even believe me when I told them this pack had a lycan in their midst.

Their own stupidity doomed them, but I am not stupid.

I am a true hunter, I exploited my prey's weakness and set the perfect trap.

They put the lycan to bed like she was a little child and closed the door of her room. It was almost too easy to slip out from under the bed, gold chain in hand, as soon as the noise of the house had died down.

She was already unconscious so most of the work had already been done, but it never hurt to be too careful, so he tied her hands behind her back with golden cuffs and hauled her on his shoulder.

She was lighter than he had expected. It was hard to imagine the power of a monster hid within this light human feeling girl.

He was walking out of the house when he heard a noise, the next instant he was pressing a gun against the girl's head.

''Golden bullet, next move, she's dead meat.'' He said.

''Drop her and we'll let you go. The moment she's dead you will die also, if you keep her alive you will be tracked by other, more powerful lycans. Whatever happens, you end up dead if you don't let her go now.'' Yoongi said, hiding in the shadow of a nearby tree.

''My life isn't worth much to me, what I want is revenge. Killing her would be enjoyable enough, but I plan on selling her on the black market, there is a high demand for female wolves. With her tongue cut out and her eyes gouged out she wouldn't be a threat anymore, getting bought so I could sell her off for breeding. A faith worst than death, is my ideal outcome for her...'' the hunter explained calmly, while still walking, Yu on his shoulder.

''Please. Anything you want I will give you. We have money, we know people. She's not the monster you think she is, she's a person, a good, kind-hearted person. We will help you achieve whatever your goals are if only you let her go.'' Yoongi tried to negotiate.

''If she is such a good person, you'll stop following me so she can live a little while longer.'' The hunter said in the tone of a threat.

''The second you let your guard down, we will find and kill you.'' Yoongi replied.

''Then you will watch her die also.''