51

"Okay, you're scary." A girl's voice sounded from the alley as a Clary, Isabelle, Jace and I ran towards it, "Let us by, please?-"

The demon snarled loudly, the kids dropping their candy and running off, Isabelle grabbing it by the arm with her whip, "Where do you think you're going?"

Jace rushes up and pierced his seraph blade into the demon, Clary doing the same in it's side, making it shriek in pain.

"Guys, hold him up!-" I pulled out my stele and drew my sun rune when they did just that, aiming it at the demon, and killing it.

Jace took a few steps back, almost tripping over a toy sword, picking it up off the ground, looking from his blade and the toy blade, up to me.

I walked over to him and grabbed the toy blade, putting it to his neck, pursing my lips to hold back laughter.

Jace looked from the toy sword, up to me, his eyes filled with slight amusement, "I hate Halloween."

-

"Hey-" Jace knocked on the door of Alec's office when we stepped in, "Is now a bad time?"

Alec began, "Actually-"

"Not at all." Magnus cut him off and looked at us, "What is it?-"

"On the hunt, we came across a Drevak demon-" I slipped my hands into my pockets, looking between Alec and Magnus.

"Yeah, which is weird, right?" Jace asked, "They usually keep to the sewers-"

Alec suggests, "Maybe the holiday noise is drawing them out."

"Yeah, it could be." Jace nodded lightly, "The streets are packed with idiots in costumes."

"What? Hey-" I lightly hit his arm, "I used to be one of those idiots."

Jace chuckles at me, "Shocker-"

"What? I love Halloween." I noticed him and Alec laughing at me, "Trick or treating was the best!"

"So do I." Magnus smiled at me, "Every year, I would use my magic to decorate an entire city block in Brooklyn-"

Magnus sighs, looking saddened, "Fond memories-"

"Brief ops on the demon-" Alec points are Jace and I, as we nodded and obeyed him, leaving the room.

-

"I ran some tests on Jonathan's blood." Isabelle said as we stood in the armory, "The heavenly fire serum caused a reaction that purged all of its demonic essence."

Alec questioned, "So, injecting Jonathan will burn away all his demon blood?"

"And his demonic connection with Zee." Isabelle softly smiled at me, "We've finally found a way to separate you from your brother-"

Clary was smiling as well, placing a hand on my arm, "You're gonna be back to yourself in no time-"

"Once we remove the Twinning rune, he won't have any influence over you-" Jace gently grabbed my face, then pulled me into his chest, holding me tight, "He won't be able to hurt you."

"What will the injection do to him?-" I questioned, feeling slightly guilty after hearing Jonathan's screams in the back of my head constantly.

"It will hurt- a lot, you'll feel it, too." Isabelle exhales, "But- only until the connection breaks, after that, both of you will be fine."

Clary looks at me, "Let's go now?-"

"Kiddo?" Luke's voice sounded, making my head snap to see him before I could reply.