46

"Zee!" Simon's rushed shout filled my ears, making me pull away from Clary, stood in the Ops Center.

I looked at him, a soft smile forming on my lips, "Simon-"

Simon rushed to me and stopped in front of me, then hugged me so tight he lifted me off the ground, "Hey-"

"Hi, Simon-" I held my best friend tightly.

Simon pulled away and looked at me, staring at me, "Am I dreaming?-"

I lightly shook my head, "No-"

"I'm not?" Simon hugged me again but tighter when I shook my head once more, gripping me tightly.

Simon stepped back when Isabelle walked over, wrapping her arms around me tightly, hugging me as well.

"Tell me where Jonathan is." Isabelle grabbed my arms when we pulled away, "I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch with my bare hands."

I opened my mouth, then closed it.

"You can't." Jace answered for me, "None of us can."

Clary looks at him, "Why?"

"Lilith- carved this rune into me, right before Simon's mark sent her back to Hell." I pulled on my shirt and showed them the rune, "I didn't know what it was at the time- until, I found out- the hard way."

Alec explained it for me, "The rune ties Zee's life force to Jonathan's."

"Hurt one of them, you hurt the other in the exact same way." Luke followed.

"Which is why I sent an alert out to the other Institutes." Alec brought up a profile on Jonathan on the screen, "Jonathan must be captured alive."

"When he took me to Paris, he was hell bent on looking for this sword- the Morning Star." I mentioned, my hands dropping to my sides, "He didn't tell me why he wanted it- but, if we can find it first, maybe- we can track him down."

Simon looks at me, "Another magic sword?"

"Unfortunately." I exhale, "He said it was some sort of Morgenstern family heirloom."

"I'll reach out to all the weapons masters to get intel." Isabelle offered, crossing her arms.

"I'll draw all the ley line junctions in the city." Magnus nodded once then looked at me, "If Jonathan moved the apartment, we'll find him."

"Thank you-" I said, then looked between all of them, "All of you."

My voice suddenly got quiet, feeling overwhelmed with emotions, "I honestly don't know where I would be- without any of you- if you hadn't found me-"

Simon softly smiled at my words, seeing my vulnerability, "That's what family's for, Young."

"All right, let's get to work." Alec had a soft expression on his face as well, before nodding towards everyone, as they did as told, leaving me alone with Jace.

Jace slowly walks over to me and stands in front of me, gently putting his hands on my arms, his eyes connecting with mine, "You okay?"

"As long as I'm with you, I'm always okay." I slowly slipped my arms around his middle and leaned my head against his chest, taking in his scent.

Jace wrapped his arms around me tightly, leaning his cheek against the top of my head, "I love you."

"I love you." I squeezed tighter, my eyes closing for a moment, swooning at the thought of being with him again, feeling like I had escaped from all my problems by just being with him.