48

"Zee-" Jace stares across of me as we sat at our usual table for breakfast, "What happened with Jonathan wasn't your fault."

"He's still in New York, Jace." I dropped my fork, sitting back, "If I hadn't hesitated, he wouldn't be-"

"We have patrols canvassing the entire city." Jace reaches and grabbed my hand, "If he's still here, we'll find him- I promise."

I go quiet and lightly nod, looking up when Isabelle and Clary sat down with us, "Oh, hey-"

"Ugh, I'm so hungry." Isabelle immediately groaned when she sat down, taking huge gulps of her orange juice.

I looked at her, "Where have you been all morning?"

"So, I found a data chip inside Greenlaw's stomach- but, it's highly encrypted." Isabelle told us, reaching over and grabbing the rest of Jace's bacon off his plate, "It's going to take me some time to crack."

Clary drank some juice, "Let us know-"

"Hey-" Jace smacks her hand away when she had grabbed it, but she had already but the rest in her mouth, "Hands off my bacon-"

Isabelle remarks, "Guess you need to guard your food better-"

Jace's lips fell into a pout, as my expression went soft, pushing my plate toward him, "Take mine-"

Jace looks at me, "Really?-"

"Yeah, go ahead-" I squeezed his hand lightly.

"I love you-" Jace kissed my hand a few times, before grabbing the bacon strips off my plate and putting them on his.

"Hey-" Alec joins us, slowly sitting down at the table with Magnus, making me finally notice the eyes they were getting.

"Hey." Jace greeted them as they sat down, "Magnus, what are you doing here?"

"Uh, where do I start?" Magnus exhales deeply, "I just moved out of my apartment, but unfortunately, my real estate agent died a few hundred years ago, so finding a new place has been a bit of a struggle."

"In the meantime, he's going to be living with us for a little while." Alec lightly said, looking between us.

"That's great." I smiled lightly to make him feel more welcomed, "It's lovely to have you here-"

Jace squeezes my hand lightly, "Absolutely."

"Welcome to the Institute, Magnus." Isabelle held up her glass of orange juice with a smile.

Magnus held his up, "Glad to be here."

I looked down to my vibrating phone, grabbing it and answering the unknown call, "Hello?-"

"Zee." Luke's voice filled the line.

"Luke, hey-" I sat up a little, "Whose number is this?"

Luke exhales, "It's the precinct's."

"Oh?" I reply, "Got your job back?"

"Not exactly." Luke swallowed hard, "The vampires attacked the Jade Wolf- they killed most of the pack and the police think that I did it."

My eyes widen, "What? Luke-"

"There's no time to explain- I need you to tell the Shadowhunters what happened." Luke quickly said, "I gotta go."

I blinked, "Wait, Luke-"

"Don't worry about me, kiddo." Luke cut me off before I could continue, "I love you."

"Luke-" I began but he had hung up before I could get more than a sentence out.

"Zee?" Clary stares at me, "What did he say?"