16

I walk into the Institute, bare foot, scratches, bruises and cuts all over my body, completely drenched.

My sweater was somehow ripped, my feet hurt and were bleeding, but despite all the pain I felt, all I could think about was Jace.

I lost Jace.

"Hey!" Raj held his hand out, trying to stop me, "Hey, no- you can't go in there-"

I kept walking, "Shut up."

"I'm getting Aldertree." Raj walks away, as I walked straight into the Ops Center.

"Zee, are you okay?" My mother came up behind me, Jocelyn right behind her.

"Where's Izzy?" I ignore her question, looking around for her.

"Zee- wait." Jocelyn grabbed my arm.

"I need to see Izzy." I pull my arm from her, "Where is she?"

"What happened? Where have you been?" My mother questions, eyeing my appearance.

Aldertree walks over, "We're all curious."

"There goes the rest of my sanity." I ran a hand through my damp hair in defeat

"Bring a change of clothes and a hot cup of tea to my office." Aldertree told Raj, "Zee and I are gonna have a little chat."

"Please, let me see Isabelle." I looked between them, "I need to see Isabelle."

"She's with Alec, Zee." Jocelyn sighs, "He was trying to help us find you, and something went wrong."

My mother looks down, "He's in a bad way."

"What?" My eyes widen, as I move past them, rushing towards Alec's bedroom before anyone could stop me.

I push the door open, my eyes landing on Magnus, who sat with Alec, using his magic.

I stare at Alec's condition, "Oh- my god-"

-

I was freshly changed into a pair of medium wash jeans, one that's were most obviously ripped, a loose beige thermal sweater, and black ankle boots, my thumb pressing against the small burn I had accidentally gotten while straightening my now dry hair, completely healed.

"It appears you've had quite the harrowing experience." Aldertree hands me a cup of tea, sitting down across from me, "Jocelyn tells me you were abducted by Dorothea Rollins, a warlock under Valentine's control."

I sip the warm tea, then set down the cup, "Yeah- that's what happened."

"Did she Portal you to a tanker ship in the East River?" Aldertree questioned.

I look off into the distance, deep in thought.

I knew that this time, I wouldn't let him use anything he got out of me against Jace.

I clear my throat, "I'm not sure."

"Three hours ago, a large tanker ship was found there, recently abandoned." Aldertree stares at me, "By the mottoes and the insignia on the boat, it's clear the Circle was on board. If you have any information about Valentine, about Jace- you need to tell me."

"Honestly-" I looked at him, "The last thing I remember is Dot grabbing me off the street. Then I woke up in the water-  I was nearly run over by the Staten Island Ferry, and then I swam to shore and came here."

"If you're trying to protect your brother, lying to me is only gonna make it worse." Aldertree leans forward, "I can guarantee Jace's safety if you help me bring him in. And that's on record."