47

I stared at my bare skin that morning, my fingers grazing over where the words once were.

I miss you.

I swallowed hard, feeling chills run up my spine, my heart leaping out of my chest when I felt a warm hand touch my cold shoulder.

My head snapped back, still hugging the sheet to my chest to see my boyfriend, awake, his hair a mess, his deep voice sounding, "Good morning-"

"Morning, my love-" I relaxed, my hand reaching and grabbing his face, pressing my lips into his in a small kiss.

"Oh, what's wrong- what is it?" Jace scanned my expression when we pulled away from the kiss, "Is it the bed head or the morning breath?"

"You asked me that the first time we had sex-" I pointed at him, poking his cheek, "I thought it was clear by now that I find you attractive in any state-"

"You thought that time was a mistake and wouldn't stop avoiding me-" Jace ran his hands up my arms, "I'm glad we never stopped making mistakes-"

"Oh, shut up-" I fell back into bed with him.

"Hey-" Jace looked around me, his eyes soft, "I was thinking today, maybe- we could do something to celebrate your homecoming."

"Oh?" I pushed some hair out of his face, "What did you have in mind?"

Jace softly smiled and pecked my lips, "How about we keep it a surprise, huh?"

-

"Breaking and entering?-" I questioned, walking with Jace through the locker room of an ice skating rink, "Why am I not surprised?"

Jace held my hand, "This way we'll be on our own."

I watched him as he went around the counter by the skates, "You never told me you knew how to ice skate-"

"Well, I don't, yet-" Jace lightly shrugs, eyeing my confused expression, "I mean, I was kinda hoping you could show me how it's done."

"Jace, honey-" I placed a hand on my hip, "You brought me to an ice rink when I can't skate?-"

"You can't?" Jace goes a little wide eyed.

"I mean- I know the basics- " I leaned onto my elbows, staring up at him, "I just can't keep my balance- every time I've gone, I've sprained at least something-"

Jace moves into the same position I was in, directly in front of me, "At least now you have an Iratze to help with that-"

I looked between his eyes, "What exactly gave you this wonderful idea?"

"Well, there's a photo on your dresser of you, Jocelyn and Clary-" Jace exhaled deeply, my heart stopping at his words, "You were at Rockefeller Center- and- even though you were crying- you had the widest smile on your face- and you looked- absolutely adorable- I just- I knew that's something I had to do for you."

A small smile formed on my lips, leaning my face closer to his and pecking his lips, "I love you."

"I love you," Jace pecked my lips back, then stood straight and gestured to the many skates behind him, "Okay, what's your size?"

-

"Jace!" I held onto his hand tightly, my hand gripping the wall as we slowly went around the rink, "You're not running on the ice, you're supposed to glide-"

"I'm trying-" Jace had his arm stretched to touch my arm, the other holding my hand, trying to watch his own feet while watching own, to try and keep us both up, "I can't keep eye on my own feet when your legs are shaking so badly-"