27

"Zee." Clary and I were finally speaking about Jace not being our brother, even if we've known for a bit, "You know what this means, right?"

We decided to actually discuss about it, considering neither of us had said a word about Simon breaking up with me and Jace not being our brother.

I stare at her, "What does it mean?"

"You and Simon aren't together anymore." Clary began to list, walking around my room, "Jace isn't our brother, you're both painfully single-"

"Okay-" I sat up on my bed, "Where are you going with this?"

"Are you kidding?" Clary looked at me in disbelief and bursts in excitement due to my obliviousness, "This means you get to screw Jace without it being incest!"

"Oh my god-" My eyes went wide, "Clary!"

"I'm sorry, but you can't deny that there's something between you two!" Clary softly laughs, "There's nothing in your way anymore, Zee."

I shook my head, "Whatever I felt for Jace- is ancient history."

"Look who you're talking to." Clary shoves me playfully, "I can read you like an open book."

I laid back on my bed, dragging out her name in annoyance, "Clary-"

"When you and Jace finally get the guts to tell each other how you really feel, I'm going to be right there, saying I told you so." Clary nudges me, plopping onto the bed with me.

-

"We've lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single, radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters." Alec spoke in front of the entire Insitute, stood tall.

Alec continues, "So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular Cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York."

Isabelle, Clary, Jace and I were smiling at him proudly from where we stood.

"Please, let's make the Downworlders feel welcome." Alec finished, before everyone parted ways and Alec walked over to us.

"Look at you." Jace smiled at him, "In charge for a week, you're already shaking things up."

"Yeah." I agreed, giving him a soft smile, "I think this Cabinet thing is a good idea."

Alec exhales sharply, glancing around us, "Yeah, I'm not sure everyone agrees."

"All the more reason to do it, right?" I pat his arm to get his attention so he wasn't fixed on what everyone else thought and was paying attention to the conversation being had, "How can I help?"

"Actually, I need you and Jace for a mission." Alec brought up, looking between us, "You're going to the Seelie Court."

Clary asked, "Where is that?"

"The nearest entrance is in Central Park." Isabelle spoke up, "But- it's in another realm, where the Seelie Queen lives."

"I requested an audience with her to discuss Kaelie's crimes." Alec mentions, "But- she said she'll only meet with Valentine's experiments."

"Well." I clear my throat, "That category is just- charming, isn't it?"

"So, you think the Seelie Queen is responsible for Kaelie's attacks?" I crossed my arms.

Alec's eyes connect with mine, "That's what I want you to find out."

"It would make sense." Jace nodded, "Those murders weren't exactly Kaelie's style."