28

My eyes crack open when the sunlight hits my eyes, as I look around in confusion when I realize I'm not in my room.

I slowly sat up, my hand holding the sheet to my bare chest, when I recognized the room I was in.

Then, it all came back to me.

I let myself fall back into the bed, my impulsive decision running through my mind over and over.

When I looked to my side to look at Jace, he was already awake, making me gasp; startled.

"Good morning to you too." A small smirk was on Jace's face, making me shoot him a look.

"Jace." I clear my throat and sunk in the sheets, "Hello."

"What's wrong?" Jace's eyes scan my expression, sitting up, "Is it the bed head- or is it morning breath?"

"Wait a minute-" I prop myself onto my elbows, holding the sheet to my chest, "Is thee Jace Herondale feeling insecure?"

"Maybe a little." Jace falls back into the bed, his eyes glued to me, "He has the most beautiful woman in the world in his bed."

"Oh come on." I stared at him for a moment, as I couldn't help but smile the slightest bit, "I bet that isn't the first time you've used that line."

"Actually, it is." Jace's eyes were locked with mine, "I've wanted to wake up next to you for so long."

I was swooning for a moment.

"Jace- listen-" I inhale sharply, beginning to get up, pulling the sheet with me, "I just- uhm, last night was decided on impulse- and-"

"If you're going to say it was a mistake- it wasn't to me." Jace cuts me off, grabbing me and pulling me back into the bed, as I fell onto him, "And If it was to you- maybe we should keep making mistakes."

"Jace." My voice went soft, "I just- need to think, okay?"

I blink a few times, before grabbing the sheet and wrapping it tightly around myself, jumping out of the bed, "I'm stealing your sheet-"

Before Jace could reply, I grabbed my clothes and ran out of his room.

-

"What happened at the Seelie Court was real." Jace was talking to Isabelle as I could hear their whispers while I walked by, "I know she felt it too- I can't just push away my feelings for her anymore."

Then, when they notice me, Isabelle is pushing Jace towards my direction.

"Zee, hey!" Jace chased after me when he spotted me as I walked through the Ops Center that very day, "Can we talk?"

Turns out, I didn't grab my shirt when I rushed out of his room this morning, I had grabbed his.

And for some reason, I put it on today.

I don't know why.

I just did.

I kept walking, "About what?"

"About how you keep walking out of the room every time I walk in?" Jace mentions, "You've been avoiding me ever since this morning-"

"This morning wasn't a dream?" I walked faster, not been glancing at him.

He notices that I was wearing his shirt, his stare glued to me, "You dream of me?"

"Not what I meant, Jace!" I hopped up the steps and went down the hall.

Jace ran and caught up to me, catching my arm, "Look, I get it, but- we can't avoid each other forever."

"I'm not avoiding you, Jace." I pulled my arm from his, backing away, turning back around and walking towards my room, "We're good."