55

"We thought you'd be here-" Alec said when we portalled into Lilith's castle, where Jace, Isabelle and Meliorn were.

Simon stops before he and Isabelle could touch, swallowing hard, "Izzy, you okay?"

"Is Meliorn okay?" I slowly walked over to Jace, who was putting pressure on his bleeding wound.

Clary questions, "What happened to him?"

"Where is Lilith?" Magnus asked.

"She's gone." Isabelle replies, "She turned into this enormous flying wraith."

Jace looked up at us, "One of her wings sliced right through Meliorn."

"We'll help." Magnus nods at Lorenzo.

"I'll take care of the bleeding." Lorenzo said, as they began healing Meliorn, Jace coming to my side.

"Look, I've seen Lilith like that before-" I looked between everyone, "When she stole a sliver of my soul to possess Jace- she was strong enough to murder Ithuriel."

Alec asks, "Where is she?"

"Coming for Magnus." Jace exhaled slow, putting a hand on my back, "She wants to reopen the rift."

When we heard the familiar roar, Magnus looks back, "Oh, looks as if she's found me."

Simon remarks, "Not a good look on her."

"Stand back." Magnus and Lorenzo took a step forward, combining their magic and blasting it toward Lilith, but it wasn't enough to hold her back.

Alec then shot a few arrows, but again, nothing happened, her starting to charge towards us.

Isabelle didn't let that happen, guarding up, using her Heavenly Fire to keep Lilith back no matter the amount of protests and shouts for her to not do so.

When she had killed Lilith, she lit up in flames, collapsing onto the ground in pain, Clary's eyes widening, "We have to do something-"

"Magnus, heal her-" Alec said.

Magnus and Lorenzo were trying, "I'm trying-"

Simon cuts in, "Well, try harder!"

"It's not working." Lorenzo stopped in a grunt.

Magnus huffed, "The heavenly fire's stopping us-"

"I- uh, what if-" I thought quick, looking around, "What if I put the Alliance rune on her? That way- we all have a piece of the flame- put it out all together?"

"How do we know it's not gonna fry us up?" Lorenzo asked, "Remember, we all have demon blood now."

"We all have Nephilim blood, too." Alec mentioned.

"We need to trust her on this-" Jace sides with me, nodding, "Do it, Zee-"

Isabelle whimpers from the ground despite the pain, "It's too dangerous-"

Simon replies, "Izzy, if it's the only way to save your life, we're all gonna die trying."

"What are you doing?" Magnus asked me when I pulled out his stele and grabbed his hand to put the rune on him as well.

"We all need to be connected-" I said, as he nodded at me, my hand gliding as I drew the rune on him.

I crouched, quickly grabbing Isabelle's hand, drawing the Alliance rune on her as well, "It's okay- just hang on a little longer-"

Right when the rune was intact with her skin, I helped her up with the help of Alec, immediately being lit up in flames, a gasp leaving my lips.

Jace grabbed my hand without hesitation, as one by one everyone connected themselves, burning alive.