39

"Luke, I'm telling you- I've been through all the Institute archives, and there's no record of a greater demon that matches this one." I said the paper down, pacing in my room, with the phone to my ear, "I don't know what else to do."

"Ithuriel said the Owl has a master." I sighed, looking at the drawing I had made of the demon, "This has to be who it is, and it is powerful enough to kill an angel."

"I just- I have to let everyone know." I pinched the bridge of my nose, "I can't keep this hidden anymore-"

Luke immediately denied, reminding me of the consequences, "You do that, and it unravels everything about Raziel and the wish."

"Luke, I don't care if the Clave locks me up." I made it clear, "If I had to bring Jace back- I'd do it all over again."

"Well, I do- and so does Clary." Luke argues, "What do you think she's gonna think when she loses her little sister?"

I sigh, "Luke-"

"And what about Jace?" Luke adds in, "He carried that same lie- he'll be in trouble just like you."

I huff and sat down, "And the last thing he needs is for his treatment to be interrupted."

-

"You look better." I heard Isabelle's voice as I walked through the halls.

"I'm finally back to myself." Jace's voice made me stop, "Whatever the Silent Brothers did, it was a success."

Clary's voice followed as I walked into the Ops Center, seeing Jace stood with her, Alec, and Isabelle, "So- you're finally cleared for duty?"

Jace nods, "Yes, I am."

"Jace!" I ran over to my boyfriend and threw my arms around him, "It worked?"

Clary, Alec and Isabelle gave him and I privacy, as I pulled back, holding his hands, "It's so amazing to have you back- I was worried."

Jace held my hand, as I walked with him to the hall, "It's good to be back."

"A lot happened while you were gone." I began to tell him, "We need to talk, but- not here."

"We can talk later." Jace let go of my hand, beginning to walk away, "I want to get caught up in the Ops Center."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Jace?"

He stopped and looked at me, "Yeah?"

I looked between his eyes, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm great." Jace shrugged my concern off and turned away again, "We'll talk later, okay?"

-

"It all happened so fast, I couldn't process any of it before I passed out." I stood with Magnus, as he stared at the drawing, "This is the best I can remember."

Magnus' eyes scan the picture, "I've seen a lot of demons in my day, but never this."

"The last thing I remember, it touched its claw to my chest." I put my hair behind my ear, "I still don't know why it didn't kill me."

"Powerful demons often leave an imprint, traces of their unique energy." Magnus set the picture down, "If I can tap into the spot where it made contact with you, perhaps we can get a better sense of what we're dealing with."

I nodded, gathering my hair and standing directly in front of him.

Magnus uses his magic, red magic overpowering his blue magic, as he pulled his fingers away, rubbing them together.