6

"What happened?" Magnus questions as Simon, Clary and I brought Luke inside his apartment.

"He was attacked!" Simon blurts out.

"He needs a warlock. He needs you." Clary says after him.

Magnus rushes and lays a sheet on the couch, "Put him here."

We lay him on the couch, his blood on my forehead and scattered on my side, the bruised cut on my cheek still some how bleeding out.

"Where are you?" Luke calls out, "I can't find you."

He was in some sort of trance, as we tried out best to hold him down, "Zee's the key?- You want me to unlock her? To save you- to stop Valentine? Wait! Jocelyn! Jocelyn-"

"No, Luke, it's Clary." Clary held his face, "Can you hear me?"

"Clary, where's Zee-" Luke reaches out for me.

"I'm here- I'm right here." I grabbed his hand.

"Listen- you have to listen to me." Luke weakly spoke, "I have to tell you, just in case-"

"Stop it- don't say it." I stop him.

"No, listen to me." Luke shook his head, I open my mouth to say something but he beats me too it, "No, you need to know!"

"Was he bitten by an alpha?" Magnus questions.

"Yeah, why?" Simon looks up.

"Three, two, one-" Magnus counts down, Luke letting out a gasp, his eyes flashing green.

I gasp, Magnus walking away, Simon looking up, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Hold him down." Magnus orders, "We don't have a lot of time. It'll take a few moments to take effect."

"What's happening to him?" I question, helping hold Luke down.

"Random werewolf transformation." Magnus told me, putting a piece of bark in Luke's mouth, "It's a side effect of the poison in the alpha bite."

-

I was seated on Magnus's ground, a few feet away from Luke, tears slipping my eyes, red around my eyes due to how much crying I had done.

I had tried to stop crying multiple times, but with every moment, worry increased in me, and I could stop the tears from falling.

I couldn't lose him.

I didn't want it to be my fault.

But that's all I could think about.

My legs were crossed, the photo album I had found at the loft resting in front of me, as I slowly flipped through the pages of the white album, pictures of my mother and I, Jocelyn, Simon, Clary, Luke and I, even Maureen, etc.

It was my family. Filled with the people I cared about.

Filled with people I once knew.

I come across a photo at the end of the photos, half of the book empty, the date I had written ending two years ago. A man, holding my mother.

Scott and Margaret Young.

I am snapped away from my thoughts, when Simon speaks to Clary, "You okay?"

"How could I have doubted him?" Clary stood up, "Simon, he's- the only father Zee and I have ever known. I can't lose him."

Simon embraces her into a hug, "I get a good vibe from this Magnus Bane guy. He seems like he knows what he's doing."