26

Sebastian sat with me in the Hunters Moon, as my finger glided against the paper of the my sketch book I brought.

Sebastian watched me carefully, "Thank you for inviting me."

I looked at him, "You're welcome? I mean- I needed a friend, that's all."

"Yeah, I got that when you made it explicitly clear that this hang out would be strictly platonic." Sebastian softly chuckled at me, his accent thick as he spoke.

"I got dumped, Sebastian." I looked back down at my sketch book, "And, you're a good person to talk to."

"Well," He brought up, "Aren't you the slightest bit relieved?"

"As much as I don't want to admit it- yeah, but it sucks that I hurt him." I set the piece of charcoal down, "We haven't talked since that night."

"If you guys are as close as you make it seem, I'm sure he'll come around at some point." Sebastian took a gulp of his drink.

"You're right." I exhale deeply, my eyes scanning the drawing, beginning to blend the charcoal in more.

Sebastian peers over my shoulder at the drawing I was working on, "Your artistry skills are truly outstanding."

"I wouldn't say that-" I softly laughed, looking at him, when I feel a hard stare on.

I looked up, noticing Jace, whom was seated at the island, holding a drink in his hand, his stare fixed on Sebastian and I.

He was almost glaring at Sebastian.

He caught my eye, our eyes locking together.

We held eye contact for a few moments, before it was too much for me to handle.

I blink, clearing my throat, downing the rest of my drink and closing my sketch book, looking at Sebastian, "I should get back to the Institute."

"Of course-" Sebastian nods, getting up with me, "Let me at least walk you back?"

"Uh, yeah- sure." I nod, giving him a smile, before leaving the Hunters Moon with him, Jace watching me as I left, I unintentionally making eye contact with him once more as I walked out.

Sebastian and I walked down the sidewalk, making small talk until I notice a trail of what looked like blood trailing into an alley.

Sebastian notices me stopping, "What's wrong?"

"Sebastian- that's blood." I held my book tight to my side, slowly pushing the fence open and walking into the alley.

Sebastian follows me, as we both jerk to a stop, noticing something on the ground, "Human flesh."

"Sebastian." I crouched, looking closer at it, noticing a rune on the skin, "That's a rune."

Sebastian and I exchange looks, as I got back up, the both of us pulling out our seraph blades, slowly following the trail of blood.

Then, when we turn the corner, there is a lifeless Shadowhunter, his runes carved out out his body, making me gasp.

-

"Shadowhunter down." Jace calls out to Isabelle and Alec, Clary joining the conversation as did Inquisitor Herondale.

I was walking next to him, "Milo Keytower."

"What happened?" Clary looked at us.

"From what I understand, his runes were carved out." Inquisitor Herondale mentions, "Is that true, Jace?"

"Yes." Jace nods, "After he was attacked by a wolf."

I add in, "He had multiple bite and claw marks when I found him."