7

I walked into Magnus' living room, where Clary and Magnus stood, "I know where the Cup is."

Clary looks at me instantly, "What?"

Jace walks in, fixing his glove, "Come again?"

"The tarot cards." I ran a hand through my messy hair, placing a hand on my hip, "My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it."

Clary breaks out into a smile, nudging me, "Great job-"

She notices the looks on Jace and Magnus' face, "Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this?"

"Yeah-" I side with her, "I mean- after my mother died- Jocelyn must've taken the card- and then gave it to-" I come into realization, "-Dot."

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time." Jace starts to walk over to me, "If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup-"

Magnus got up, and held his pointer finger up, stopping Jace from coming near me, "We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice."

"But he can control demons." Clary said, "I've seen it."

Magnus hums, "Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect."

Jace looks at me, "Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card."

My lips slightly pucker, trying my best to hold back my smile.

"Opening the gates of hell that's a little more tricky." Magnus told me.

Luke walks in, "Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do."

"What, really?" I broke out into a smile, walking over to him, "That's great, where are they?"

I felt someone's stare on me, my head turning to the side, a small smile on Jace's lips as he watched me.

Our eyes connect, my heart beat quickening. I broke eye contact and look right back at Luke, not being able to hold it any longer.

"They're in my desk back at the precinct." Luke tols is, "When Zee went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her."

"That's great." Clary nods, "This should be easy."

"Hmm, that's what General Custer said." Magnus sits down.

"Magnus is right." Luke agreed, "Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet."

"Discreet?" I softly laugh, "You look like something out of The Mummy movie."

"We'll go in the morning. Werewolf healing, remember?" Luke spoke, "This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix."

-

I sat alone in Magnus' living room that night, flipping through the pages of the photo album I had found at the loft.

My eyes trial to the small box that sat on the ground.

I set the photo album to the side, getting up, crouching, picking up the box. I stood up, opening it, my eyes landing on two things that rested in the delicate padding inside; a folded piece of paper, and a purple portal shard.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion, as I slowly took out the piece of paper, setting down the box.

I unfold the paper, my eyes landing on some sort of letter, addressed to me, from my mother.