34

"I stand before my fellow Shadowhunters to receive the rune of the Angel." I recited as I stood in front of many Shadowhunters in the Accords hall in Idris, "I take this mark to honor Him."

My eyes fell onto Clary who stood with Jace, Alec and Isabelle in the crowd, watching me with a smile on her face, her hand over the Angelic rune she had just received before me.

I was dressed in a high waist maxi dress, one that was a V neck and was lace from the waist up, a dress that Isabelle helped me pick out.

"To bring His light into me." My eyes shifted to Jace, who was smiling proudly at me, "To join the ranks of the Shadowhunters, the guardians of peace."

One of the Silent Brothers stepped closer to me and gently took my arm, drawing the Angelic rune onto it, as I pursed my lips to hide how much pain I was in.

When he steps back, Inquisitor Herondale speaks, "This rune of Angelic Power is well-deserved and long overdue."

"You are no longer a Shadowhunter in training, you have defeated our greatest enemy." Inquisitor Herondale smiles at me, "Valentine may have used the Mortal Instruments to raise the Angel Raziel, but you prevented a wish from being granted."

I looked down at this.

"Zee Young, may your heroism be a shining example to Shadowhunters across the world." Inquisitor Herondale congratulates, "Congratulations."

When there was loud applaud, I slowly step off the higher platform and over to my friends as Isabelle immediately threw her arms around me, "Congratulations!"

"Thank you, Iz." I laughed lightly, hugging her back as tight as she hugged me, noticing how Jace was no longer with them.

Alec softly smiled at me from where he stood, "How did it feel?"

"Uh- it hurt." I admitted, pulling away from Isabelle, "But- it made me feel accomplished."

I looked around, "It's just embarrassing with all these people around-"

"Don't be embarrassed." Clary placed her hands on my shoulders, "You are the hero of Alicante."

"Clary's right." Isabelle agreed, "You went hand to hand with Valentine and killed him, so- stop being so modest."

"Clary and I gonna look for Mom." Isabelle announced when she noticed the look on Alec's face, grabbing Clary and leaving us alone.

"What you did was impressive." Alec's hands were behind his back, "But- there's more to the story, isn't there?"

"Are we really having this conversation again?" I sigh deeply, lying straight through my teeth, "I told you everything I know Alec."

Alec was still suspicious, "Did you?"

"Yes." I lied, "I did."

"I felt Jace die." Alec stares at me, "He says he has no idea why, but he's lying."

"Maybe- you felt him being impaled." I suggested, "It was a pretty serious-"

"My parabatai rune disappeared." Alec cuts me off, not buying my story, "How do you explain that?"

"I don't know, Alec." My voice fell quiet as I stared at him, "Really."

"Jace is alive." Alec recovers from the sudden interrogation, "That's all that matters."

"Yeah." I clear my throat, "Any chance you know where Jace is?"

-

"There you are." I walked over to my boyfriend, his back turned to me as he stood in front of where his parents were buried, my arms loosely wrapping around his middle, my head leaning against his chest, "You okay?"