45

"Okay, when I asked if the apartment can move, I didn't mean show me-" I grunted, gripping onto the chairs at the shaking and rumbling apartment until we hit a thud, "What was that?"

"Just a little change of locale." Jonathan stood straight from the center of the room, having moved the apartment.

I walked over to the terrace and pushed the doors open, my heart leaping at the city I had always dreamed on coming to.

But, my face remained blank.

"What's wrong?" asked Jonathan when he came to my side, "You're in Paris- I thought you'd be happy."

"Oh, I am- you can't see it?" I cross my arms and stared at him with my blank expression, "Don't let my expression fool you, I'm absolutely thrilled being shackled to my demon-blooded brother."

Jonathan inhales, gripping the rails, looking at me, "I take it you're afraid of our little bond."

"Afraid? More like resentful." I shot back.

Jonathan picked back at me pretty quick, "I forgive you for trying to kill me, by the way."

I roll my eyes and walked back into the apartment, "So- how does this bond thing work? I get hurt- you get hurt, and vice versa?"

Jonathan follows me, "That appears to be the case."

"It must be a side effect of that rune Lilith used to resurrect you." I huffed and leaned against a chair, "Not only do our hearts beat as one, but our injuries reflects onto the other."

"Well, if we can't be enemies, perhaps we'll be allies." Jonathan shrugged, "We never got a chance to know each other."

I scoff, "You're kidding, right?"

"And what better place than Paris?" Jonathan continued to try and persuade me, "Home of Renoir, Matisse, Van Gogh and now Morgenstern."

"Don't." I snapped, "I'm a Young."

"Zee, please-" Jonathan stepped closer to me, "You're a great artist, and I admire that."

I stared at him with the same blank expression.

"I'm gonna go get us some food." Jonathan walks past me, "How about I pick up some art supplies, and you can show me how you work?"

Then a thought rang into my head.

"Jonathan, wait." I spun to face him, "If you really want to mend things with me, you'd take me with you. If you really wanna get to know me, you can't keep me locked up in here."

If I could get out of here, I could figure out a way to contact everyone back in New York.

Jonathan stepped closer to me, squinting his eyes, "I'm afraid it's not that simple."

"It seems simple enough." I placed my hands on my hips, "I hurt you, I hurt myself- it's not like I'm going to try and kill you again."

"And besides, we're both on the run from the Clave." I added in, "What am I gonna do- run away?"

Jonathan was now directly in front of me, "How can I be sure you're telling me the truth?"

"You can't." I stare up at him, "I guess you're just gonna have to trust me."

Jonathan took a leap of faith, "Does that mean that you trust me?"

"Let's not get too crazy." I held my palm up and stopped him from going any further, "But- what you said about how things could have been different if my mom or Jocelyn raised you and Valentine raised me-"