chapter 18

Salena collected all the cards and shuffled them.
Salena- another game?
Shizu- yeah, i’m up for another game.
After she finished shuffling she once again gave everyone seven cards. She set the deck onto the middle of the table and grabbed the top card. She flipped the card and put it down, it was a red two.
Salena- because enzo won the last game we will start with enzo.
Enzo placed down a red plus two. I let out a breath and glanced at him as I picked up two cards. Ashley set down a red seven. Sebastian picked up a card from the deck. Zane put down a red one. Salena put down a red skip. I set down a red nine. Ashley put down a wild card.
Ashley- yellow.
She said simply.
Sebastian- oh my god! What is with you and the color yellow?!
She laughed at his words. Sebastian put down a yellow reverse card. Ashley put down a yellow four. I set down a yellow eight.
Enzo- revenge.
His lips formed into a smirk as he glanced at salena. He put down a yellow skip card. Zane put a yellow one. Sebastian put down a yellow five. Ashley put down a yellow zero. I set down a yellow two. Enzo put down a yellow seven. Salena put down a yellow six. Zane put down a yellow six. Sebastian but down a yellow eight. Ashley put down a blue eight. I set down a blue skip. Enzo huffed at me. Salena put down a blue six. Zane put down a blue two. Sebastian put down a blue four. Ashley put down a blue seven. I set down a blue plus two card. Enzo scoffed and picked up two cards from the deck. Salena picked up a card from the deck. Zane put down a wild plus four card.
Zane- red.
I noticed Ashley only had one card.
Shizu- ah! I caught you ashley! Pick up two cards.
She blinked and cursed.
Ashley- damn it! I forgot.
She groaned and picked up two cards from the deck. Sebastian picked up four cards from the deck. Ashley put down a red six. I set down a red skip card.
Enzo- jesus! Stop being mean to me.
I laughed.
Shizu- make me.
I said teasingly.
Enzo- if you keep this up i will.
My face heated up and I looked down at the table. Salena put down a red two. Enzo called uno as he put down a red eight. I groaned softly. Sebastian put down a wild card.
Sebastian- I choose blue.
Ashley put down a blue one. I called her once again.
Shizu- i caught you ashley!
She huffed angrily.
Ashley- i was about to call it out!
Shizu- then don’t be so slow.
I laughed and she mumbled to herself. She picked up two cards from the deck. She then put down a blue reverse card. Sebastian put down a blue three. Zane picks up a card from the deck. Salena picked up a card from the deck. Enzo put down a blue nine. I set down a blue five. Ashley picks up a card from the deck. Enzo puts down a blue three. I set down a wild card.
Shizu- uno! I choose red.
Ashley huffs and picks up a card from the deck. She put down the card she picked up which was a red nine. Sebastian put down a wild card.
Sebastian- green
Ashley put down a green three on the table. Salena put down a green two. Enzo put down a green plus two. I groaned and picked up two cards from the deck. Ashley picks up a card from the deck. Sebastion put down a green zero. Zane picks up a card from the deck. Salena put down a green reverse card. Zane picks up a card from the deck. He then puts down the card he picked up which was a green one. Sebastian put down a green plus two. Ashley glared at him as she picked up two cards from the deck. I set down a green three. Enzo put down a green six. Salena put down a plus four wild card.
Salena- uno, i choose the color yellow.
Zane scoffed and picked up four cards from the deck. Sebastian picked up a card from the deck. Ashley put down a yellow three. I set down a plus four wild card.
Shizu- uno! And I chose red.
Enzo growled and picked up four cards from the deck. Salena mumbled to herself and picked up a card from the deck. Zane put down a red plus two. Sebastian glared at zane and picked up two cards from the deck. Ashley picked up a card from the deck. She then put down the card and it was a red eight. I giggled mischievously and put down my last card. A red three. I then yelled out in victory.
Shizu- i win!!
Ashley- damn it!
She put her cards on the table and crossed her arms.
Ashley- i’m done.
Sebasian yawned.
Sebastian- me too.
Zane- perhaps we can play another game tomorrow?
Salena smiled at him.
Salena- I would love too.
Enzo- shall I take you to your rooms for the night?
Zane turned his head towards enzo.
Zane- sure.
They left the room and I stayed seated. I watched as salena collected the cards and shuffled them. She put them in the drawer and closed the drawer.
Shizu- what is it like to be queen?
She turned to me. She let out a sigh before speaking.
Salena- it’s not that bad of a job, it’s just a drag for me.i raise an eyebrow at her words.
Shizu- why is it a drag for you?
Salena- at least a king or queen has to be in the castle at all times. Enzo loves going out and seeing the world whenever he gets the chance. I can’t remember the last time I went out and saw the world.
I bit my bottom lip before I spoke.
Shizu- what if i could become queen?
Her eyes widened at my words. She gently shook her head before speaking.
Salena- i couldn’t possibly ask that from you.
I smiled towards her.
Shizu- well i’m going to be sticking around anyway so i don’t see why not.
She smiled at me.
Salena- you are really going to say yes to him?
I nodded.
Salena- if I were let you become queen, we would have to keep it a secret for now.
I nodded at her words.
Salena- i ccan’t believe that you are doing this for me!
Shizu- would you mind if we kept Zane with you as a guard once we convinced him to become a vampire?
She nodded, accepting my words.
Salena- yes, of course.
Enzo walked into the room.
Enzo- are you ready to go for a walk, beautiful?
I nodded and got onto my feet.
Salena- wait a moment.
She stood up and hugged me tightly, whispering into my ear.
Salena- thank you so mucus shizu.
She pulled away from the hug and I put my hand on her arm. I rubbed her arm reassuringly and smiled at her.
Enzo- woah, what’s with the touching?
Salena looked past me and smiled at enzo.
Salena- i really like her, she is quite the keeper. You better be treating her good.
He laughed softly at her words.
Enzo- the only way i could ever treat her is the best.