chapter 48

I moved and laid against his chest while between his legs. It suddenly felt like I was hit by a blast of energy before everything went black. When I opened my eyes I was slumped down in the water with Kain also passed out. I shook his shoulder yet he didn't wake. I drained the water and got out and put on a robe. I ran into the hallway to get someone to help awake him but what I saw scared me deeply. Everyone collapsed on the ground. What the hell is going on?! What should I do?! I heard yelling so I raced down the stairs to the front doors. My brother. My actual blood brother mikado nanase.

Shizu- brother?

I asked in confusion. He hugged me tightly in his arms as he cried.

Mikado- thank god you are okay! I was worried sick.

Shizu- what are you talking about? What are you doing here?

I hugged him tightly. I heard Jasper's voice. I turned to see Jasper and Kain both. Kain was in a robe.

Kain- Shizu what happened?

Mikado- the entire vampire race collapsed like they just fell over and it was like a sleep.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

Shizu- what the hell? What are you talking about?

Mikado- I have no idea! No one knows why it happened.

Kain stood by my side.

Kain- we both really need to get dressed.

Shizu- it's fine, this is my blood brother mikado.

Kain- my apologies mikado, I'm shizu's husband Kain.

Mikado shook his hand.

Mikado- it's a pleasure to meet you.

Shizu- how long were we down?

I asked my brother, getting back on point of the subject.

Mikado- it's been three days.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23rd, 2021.

I looked at him as if he was crazy.

Shizu- that's ridiculous. How are you even here?

I asked in complete disbelief and confusion.

Mikado- mom and dad flew me and masaomi here. They want us to live in town to keep an eye on you.

Shizu- are you sharing an apartment?

Mikado- yeah we are.

Shizu- in two we will have dinner if you and masaomi would like to join.

Mikado- yeah. I'd like that.

He smiled and gave me one more tight hug before leaving. I turned to Kain and hugged him tightly.

Shizu- that was crazy. We were apparently in that bath for three days.

He hugged me tightly and kissed the top of my head.

Kain- thank god we are okay.

Shizu- yeah. That's seriously crazy. Tomorrow we need to get on it and find out what happened. That cannot happen again.

Kain- I agree.

We walked up the stairs to the bedroom. I got properly dressed and tended to my children. When dinner had finally come my friends sat with smiles as they spoke to my brother.

Ashley- jesus mikado it's been ages since i've seen you. Look at you, you're old.

Mikado- I am not old ashley. You are and will only get older and older now because you're a vampire.