chapter 46

The door closed and I walked into my closet. I glanced at the necklace Enzo had given me. I grabbed a small box and set it gently inside, putting any other piece he had given me while we were in person. I closed the box and set it under my bed. I moved back into my closet and began to search for what to wear. I decided on a pink ish beige colored dress that faded to white at the bottom. It had pearls and tint small red butterflies displayed around the dress. I put on a bra and underwear before sliding the floor length dress onto my body. The dress was thin spaghetti straps and showed most of my cleavage. I slid on a pink pair of heels and a light blue shaw just to honor the color Lorenzo had shown me the most. My frown was prominent on my face. You got this shizu, you can't be miserable all your life. I stepped out of my room and into the hall. I held my hand to my chest as the warm lights from the hallway enveloped me. I looked around anxiously before I took a breath and made my way to the dining room. Once I arrived everyone had been laughing and smiling at something Kain had said. I took my seat beside Enzo's empty chair. I felt my heart hurt as I saw everybody taking kain in with open arms.

Ashley- hey shizu! I can't wait for your wedding.

Sebastian- yeah, this is good for you.

Zane- I'm happy that you are moving on, shi.

Zane gave me a comforting smile. I felt like crying. I need to do this and move on. After we had eaten and I had forced myself to smile, I led Kain to the library so we could quietly talk. I closed the doors and we took a seat facing each other.

Kain- you look so beautiful shizu.

Shizu- thank you kain. And thank you for being patient with me. I know I'm not going to be the easiest to deal with right now.

Kain- we were friends before, and I know that you felt the spark between us.

I nodded my head in agreement with his words.

Shizu- that was when you gave me a fresh breath of air away from here and now we are stuck here together. You are stuck becoming a king and husband to a woman who is pregnant with another man's child.

Kain- i know i will never be able to replace Lorenzo. He will always be a part of this place and part of your heart. But I will gladly take the position as king by your side. It is an honor to be by your side, Shizu.

I had to try so hard to take a deep breath and push a smile onto my face.

Shizu- despite the situation you are taking this very well.

He took my hand in his, from a reassuring and supportive stance.

Kain- i will always be here for you shizu, every step through your grieving process.

He gave me a tight hug and I hummed softly.

Shizu- would you like to join me in the garden?

A soft charming smile spread across his face. When my head actually feels rather clear for once I can see just how attractive Kain is. I returned a soft smile back towards him.

Kain- I would love to shizu.

He stood up and looked out the door at the back of the library. I stood up and spoke softly.

Shizu- lets go.

I led him down the beautiful pathways of the garden and we sat comfortingly on a bench. I looked up to the stars, my heart aching softly. My hand slid to the bench as I looked at the stars with a sad expression. I felt Kain's hand on mine and for just a moment I could feel myself calming down in his presence. I need to let myself trust again. The stress isn't good for my sweet little angel growing in my stomach. I slid my fingers, interlocking hands with kain.