Chapter 39

Natalya- oh dear, are you okay shizu?

I cleared my throat and let out a soft laugh.

Shizu- yeah i'm not sure where that had come from. Maybe something caught in my throat.

Natalya- do be careful.

Shizu- of course, I always am.

I gave her a tight hug and then I took Laurence into a hug.

Laurence- come back to see me, i'll miss you.

I laughed softly and patted his back.

Shizu- i'll miss you too laurence, we are going to see each other a lot more from now on.

I pulled from the hug and gave him a friendly smile. I looked over to max.

Max- oh lady shizu, it was wonderful to have you here in our home dear.

I coughed again and tried to mask it. That prick had a fake warm smile. I bowed my head to him angrily and put a smile on my face.

Shizu- of course, it was wonderful to be in your beautiful home.

Max- thank you.

I turned to leave and Enzo took my hand and led me towards the car. I set my hand on the car door and began coughing harder.

Enzo- are you okay?

He spoke worriedly. I nodded my head slowly.

Shizu- yeah, i'm just a little tired.

I swallowed and got into the car. Enzo got in beside me and rested his hand on my lap, taking my hand in his.

Enzo- are you sure that you are okay baby?

Shizu- yeah, really i am fine. Just something in my throat.

Enzo- i'm a bit worried baby.

I smiled as I looked into his eyes.

Shizu- you are so sweet.

Salena got into the car and we set off back home. During the four hour drive I felt worse and worse. I was trying to stifle my coughs as they got worse but it was hard. I'm a vampire for crying out loud, am I getting sick? My brain was pounding against my skull hard core. When we arrived back home, Jasper and Zane had been waiting for us. Enzo helped me out of the car.

Jasper- miss shizu, it's good to see you back. Wait, are you well?

Shizu- yes yes, i just have a headache. I think I'm going to retire to my room to rest.

Enzo- let me take you.

Shizu- no no, it's okay.

Jasper- i'll take her enzo.

Enzo- okay.

Shizu- no really it's fine.

Jasper- i won't take no as an answer my lady.

Jasper took my arm and led me inside. As we were heading up the stairs my coughing got really rough. He had to stop because I couldn't walk for a moment.

Jasper- oh my! Shizu, are you okay?!

I let out a gasp as I was struggling to get air before everything faded to black. Where am i? What time is it? I opened my eyes and it was bright. The room was white and the sound of a tv playing filled my ears. I blinked a few times before I was grabbed.

Enzo- shizu! You're awake!

Shizu- what? Where am I? What's going on?

I moved to sit up and held my head. My head was pounding.