chapter 42

I pushed a smile onto my face. I couldn't handle being here around people. I wanted to be alone. Completely alone. Not being able to hear Enzo's voice was making my head go crazy. I missed the warmth from his body. I missed the feeling of his hand grazing my skin. I miss that look in his eyes that he got when he saw me. Like I was the best thing in the entire world. He is my entire world. I missed seeing the lines he got on his face when he would smile. I blinked and swallowed. I need to escape the prying eyes. I stood as Jasper set my plate down.

Shizu- I must excuse myself, I am not hungry.

I walked out of the completely silent room. I made my way to the cells and I walked up to nara's cell. He was resting on the cell bed. His head shot up to look at me. He rushed over the cell bars and grabbed them. His hands burned from the vervain stained bars. He still held on for dear life.

Nara- shizu my love!

He spoke out crazed.

Nara- i missed you like crazy my shizu!

Shizu- shut it will you.

His eyes had a lustful psychotic look in them.

Shizu- why did you do it?!

I screamed out, my heart aching. Tears fell as those memories fled into my mind once again.

Shizu- please tell me why you killed him.

My feet gave out and I crashed to the ground. I sobbed loudly.

Shizu- he was my rock, my world, my husband! Please...

I begged and looked into his eyes.

Shizu- please tell me why you did it. I am begging you.

Nara- he was a useless man, i was aiming for you but i am so very glad he did something right and saved you.

My heart cracked.

Shizu- he was the best man i have ever met. I love him.

I looked down towards the ground as tears fell from my eyes.

Nara- oh come on shizu. You hardly knew the man! We had been side by side since we were kids! I know everything about you!

Shizu- you know nothing! You never made me feel so special like he did. Or even took the time to enjoy every single moment with me.

Nara- grow up shizu, then come see me.

Someone touched my shoulders causing me to jump. My head snapped up and I made eye contact with jasper.

Shizu- jas.

I stood up and hugged him tightly, sobbing into his shirt. He rubbed my head as he spoke.

Jasper- let's get you out of here, we have matters to discuss.

He led me back up to the ground floor and up to my room. There was a uniform resting on my bed.

Shizu- a uniform?

I looked at him confused.

Jasper- go to that school shizu, join the night class just like enzo wanted you too. It will be a nice break from here. I'll have Aaron escort you.

I rubbed my arm.

Shizu- i don't really think that i'm up for that jas.

He rested his hand onto my shoulder.

Jasper- shizu, please. Just do it for Lorenzo, he wanted you to do go there.

I looked at him hesitantly before letting out a sigh.