The end at last

The Valkyries were celebrating their new queen, she was strong, powerful, and beautiful beyond belief. She was loving and kind, and ruled with grace, and in the best interest of her people. Each and every person in the kingdom gave their heart to her.

Lucious was overwhelmed with happiness, and knew that he was exactly where he needed to be. He loved Abby with everything inside him, and he would live the rest of his immortal life worshipping his queen. He was her protector during the day, and her lover during the night, spilling his seed inside her in the hopes that he will get her with child. It is his only wish to start a family with her, he had everything else.

When Hawk arrived in Valkyrie land, he was welcomed with open arms, and he felt a sense of purpose. Looking into Abby's eyes that twinkled like diamonds in the night sky, he realized the love that she felt for Lucious and his heart twisted with pain. Nessa used to look at him in the same way.

"Welcome to our home Hawk, what took you so long to come?" Abby asked, giving him a much needed hug.

Hawk regarded her before he spoke, she looked radiant. Lucious pulled her into his possessive arms and Hawk could not help but feel a pang in his heart, missing Nessa with a passion. "I'm here now, that is all that counts." He said, trying to hide the longing in his voice.

Lucious tightened his hold on Abby, knowing that he was a lucky man to have her love, and felt sorry for Hawk's loss. "It's good to see you Hawk, we have much to talk about."

The handsome Fay smiled at his friend, and his eyes beamed with joy, "Aye we do." He said in a deep voice. "There are a few things that I would like to share with you too,"

The four of them walked into the sitting room and Lucious locked the golden doors for privacy.,They each took their seat, and Hawk swallowed a sob, when he saw Lucious sit next to Abby and place his arm around her. Hawk looked away for a second, blinking back tears. It wasn't that he was jealous of them in a hateful way, in fact, he loved them both and was happy for them, but his empty heart desperately missed Nessa, and he felt lonely without her.

Both Lucious and Abby did not miss the longing in their friends eyes, and they knew they had made the right decision to invite Hawk at their home. They had decided to keep him there and help him through this difficult time in his life.

"Hawk, Abby and I have something to ask of you." Lucious said, hesitating only for a second before he continued, wanting Hawks full attention. "We would like to ask you to stay here with us as our second in command. You are the only one who is fit for this position, and besides we trust you."

Hawk was surprised at their request, and he was left speechless. In a way, staying here might help him recover from a broken heart, if he kept himself busy enough, he thought, as he contemplated on what he should do, and it didn't take long for Hawk to make his decision.

"I'll take the offer Lucious," Hawk said, "I'm looking forward to serving the crown, but in case you didn't know, I am also second in command in Fay land, and I don't know how Kalen will react if he finds out I have taken a position here also as second in command."

"If Kalen is your friend, he will know and understand that it is best if you stay here now. Besides, he probably won't even notice, he will be too busy chasing your daughter around trying to convince her that she should be his wife to even notice your a absence." Lucious laughed.

The three of them had a wonderful time, talking laughing and planning for a brighter future. Hawk realized that staying with the Valkyries will help him keep busy until Nessa's return.

*************

William gathered his family and extended family by the fireplace in the sitting room, and prepared himself to give a speech that hopefully will shed some light on why Hawk decided to leave Sterlingshire castle. When he received the news yesterday that Hawk had decided to remain with the Valkyries, he was upset and did not understand why he chose to leave them.