Her name is Abby

Lucious had many hours to think, all by himself, as he sat in the semi darkness. and it was the first time ever that he didn't want to sift out of his prison. He eagerly waited for her this morning, but it was Hilda that brought him his breakfast, and he was sorely disappointed that it was not Abby who came with his food.

Abby's image haunted him, and he was very confused. What was it about this girl that had him feeling things he did not want to feel? She stirred something inside him that scared him to pieces. He must make her go away, and not want to come back to him ever again. He must get rid of her, before he goes crazy. He will demand that Hilda or another witch bring him his food, so he could find peace again, He could not look into Abby's eyes anymore without wanting to kiss her. Her blue eyes were deep pools of endless sweetness, innocence in its most beautiful form. She brought him peace, and serenity, but when she left, he was in turmoil, a disrupted soul who ached to see her again.

Lost in his thoughts he was, that he did not realize that she was back, until he saw her coming down the stairs with his lunch. He scrambled to his feet quickly, and tried to catch his breath. It was happening again, his heart pounded against his chest. She had power over him, and he didn't like that.

"It's you again!" He growled, "go away, I'm not hungry!"

Abby lifted her head, and looked at Lucious, his dark gaze sent shivers up and down her spine, but she would not let him scare her again! She thought, and she squared her shoulders and threw him a scolding look.

"You will eat your food, and be thankful!" She told him in a firm and unwavering voice, doing everything she could to stop her lips from trembling.

Lucious threw his head back, and roared with laughter. He laughed so hard that his stomach tightened and tears were visible on his handsome chiseled face. He had to laugh, to hide his need of her. He wanted her badly, he wanted to be the one to deflower her, he wanted to be her protector, her lover, her everything! Oh God, he thought angrily, she was controlling his feelings again, she had him by the balls! Stop he told himself! Where's your pride? She's but a child! An innocent child who pretends she is not afraid of him, but he could see the fear in her eyes. She is scared of him. Good, he thought, let her be scared, mayhap that will keep her away from him. Last thing he needed was for her to fall in love with him!

Abby narrowed her eyes, and waited for Lucious to stop laughing at her, before she said, "If you eat your food, I will give you a surprise," she said, in a gentle voice, and placed the tray on the floor, pushing it under the iron bars, and lifted herself up again. She slipped her hands in the pocket of her apron, and pulled out a hand full of snow.

Lucious was taken aback when he saw the snow. He quietly watched her make a perfectly round snowball with facination, and ignored the fact that his heart did a double take, when she lifted her eyes, and locked them with his. He was mute! Dumbfounded, tortured beyond belief!

She held the snowball up in his face for him to examine her icy ornament. "I went outside and collected the snow, wanting to surprise you." She said excitedly, her eyes shining brightly like the stars in the night sky. "take it Lucious, if I hold on to it until you eat your food, it will melt."

Lucious did not know what to do. Her innocence touched his heart. He was in danger of losing his heart to her, in fact, he suspected that he already had, and that was no good, because he had no time for silly little girls, he had plans to make, and she was a distraction! Besides, he argued with himself, she had put herself in danger by going outside to collect the snow! He was no good for her! Fear gripped him that something bad could have happen to her while she was out in the courtyard by herself, and he had to find a way to stop her from doing that again.