Waiting patiently

She was on his mind the entire day. He waited patiently for the sun to set, and the moon to shine in the night sky. Soon, he thought, she will come to me, and I will be ready.

"Lucious! Wake up man!" The handsome warrior with the trimmed beard on his face said. "It's your turn to throw the dice. Come on throw it!"

Lucious grabbed his tankard and brought it to his lips, drinking every last drop of ale. Placing the empty tin on the table next to him, he ordered the servant girl to give him a refill. The shy girl filled up his tankard and stepped to the side.

Taking his time, lucious swept a glance around the room, before he picked up the dice and threw them in the corner. The dice hit the wall and bounced around on the floor, before landing next to Stephan's feet. All eyes were glued to the floor.

A wide smile spread across the warriors face. "I win!" He roared with laughter, and bent over to retrieve the dice.

The great hall fell silent, and all eyes turned to Lucious.

"Name your price." Lucious said, his deep voice had a sharp edge to it, and his eyes were cold as ice. He never liked this warrior much, and wondered why his father kept his services.

"I want the leather band that is wrapped around your arm!" The warrior said, matching the coldness of his voice to Lucious's.

Lucious muscled chest heaved with anger. He knew that this warrior wanted to strip him of his place in the castle. He had labeled Lucious a bastard from the moment he stepped foot in his fathers home, never once trying to hide his dislike for him.

Stephan saw the look in his brothers eyes, and walked next to him to show his support. Lucious pulled the leather band from around his arm, and threw it at the warrior. The warriors eyes gleamed with triumph and he tucked the leather band on the inside of his kilt.

"Come brother, I need a word with you." Stephan said, wanting to take his brother away from this room to defuse the tension that was brewing.

Lucious followed after him, annoyed and a little tipsy from drinking too much ale, his thoughts still lingered on Abby, and he knew that soon, very soon, she will be here.

Closing the door to the private library, Stephan turned around and faced his brother. "What ails you brother?" He asked him, knowing that something definitely was bothering him.

Lucious wasn't about to tell him that he dies each time someone called him a bastard or showed him contempt for being one. And he certainly wasn't going to tell him that he was excited because Abby was coming. Let him think she was still dead, until he had claimed her first, only then will he tell his brother.

"I'm fine!" He said a little too quickly.

Stephan raised an eyebrow. He knew his brother was lying, but why? He thought. What has him all worked up?

Lucious saw the worried expression on his brothers face, and felt loved. It was so good to know that he was finally part of the family. The whole entire MacAlister clan had come together and claimed him theirs. He wanted to share the news about Abby with his brother, but first he wanted to claim her in his bed, so no one would have rights to her but him.

"It's late brother, and tomorrow we need to rise early and go hunting. Cook has ordered us to bring more meat for the wedding feast, and you and I have been chosen by father to lead the pack." He said, "we shan't be gone long, if we bring a few more men with us, we should be back home by night fall."

"We don't need anyone to come with us, they will only slow us down, you and I can do the job faster without them!" He said, feeling a little dizzy.

At that moment a petite, young servant entered the private library, with a tray full of cheeses and fruits. She set the tray on the table and said in a soft voice, "I will be back with the ale."

Stephan walked over to the young girl and threw her a sexy smile that made her heart beat faster. She lowered her doe like eyes to her feet shyly, and Stephan pulled the straw tie that held back her long black tresses, and watched as her hair fell over her shoulders and down her back. Placing a finger under her chin, he tipped her head backwards, so their eyes could meet.

"We were just leaving," Stephan told her, as he brushed the back of his hand softly across the girls cheek. "Take the tray and the ale up to my room and wait for me there, I shan't be long." His voice was smooth and his eyes were hazed with want.

"Aye, I will get too it right away." The girl said, and she grabbed the tray and scrambled out of there, excited that he chose her of all the other girls to his bed chambers. She knew what he wanted, and she was willing to be the obedient servant. She could not wait to tell the rest of the girls that he had chosen her for tonight. Already her stomach coiled with excitement, knowing that soon she will be naked in his bed.

Lucious saw the exchange between the servant girl and Stephan, and a smile curved his lips. His brother wasted no time bedding the wenches of Sterlingshire, he thought, after he found out that Abby was not in love with him.

"Goodnight Stephan," Lucious laughed, "see you in the morning."

"Aye, I'll be at your door before the sun rises!" Stephan told him, as he followed him outside to the great hall.

Lucious didn't even bother answering him, he hightailed it to his room, and closed the door, stripped naked, and jumped onto the bed to wait for Abby.

It was well into the night when he felt her warm presence. His heart beat wildly against his muscled chest, and he remained quiet and still.

Thank you for your votes and comments.xoxxoxxoxoxo