The healers heart

The healer could hardly contain his excitement, for soon he will see Lidia. Sitting on the bench, in the garden all by himself, William had plenty of time to think about everything that was happening around him. He sighed, and wondered how he was going to tell Lidia his visions.

Thoughts of Lidia always warmed his heart. He loved her more than he loved his own life! She was his soulmate, but how was he supposed to tell her that, when he never claimed her, but watched as her now deceased husband took her hand in marriage all those years ago.

His mind went back six hundred years ago when he first had visions of Lidia. He knew there and then that she was his soulmate, and when he saw her for the first time a hundred years later, he fell crazy in love with her and claimed her his. She was the very breath that he breathed. They had seen each other in secret because she was already promised to another. Her father was very strict, and gave her hand in marriage to another man whom her father favored. William could not claim her because his clan was feuding with the MacAlister's for many years, and he was considered an enemy.

He closed his eyes shut, and took an inhalation of breath, and remembered the day Lidia came running to him in the middle of the night and cried her heart out. His hopes and dreams were crushed that night, and he withheld from telling her that they were soulmate's, not wanting her to suffer from a broken heart.

That night he was devastated and when she threw herself in his arms, he could not help himself and he deflowered her, making love to her all night long. He still remembered what it felt like to have her in his arms, and to this day, he still loves her more than life itself. With trembling hands, he wiped the tears from his eyes. It is not fair what fate threw at him, he thought sadly.

That was the last time they were together in that way, but on that night five hundred years ago, Lidia got pregnant with the twins! His thoughts went back to when she came to him one night and asked to speak with him, he wanted to take her in his arms and run away with her, but he knew that they would find them and she would pay the price, not him. She would be disgraced and beaten, and thrown in the red tent, for that was the punishment back then, if a maiden gave up her virginity before marriage. They would have also taken her baby away from her and given it away to the gypsies. Her life would have been ruined for ever. Lidia would have died a thousand deaths if her children were taken from her.

William loved her enough to let her go. He knew that if he was out of the picture, she would have no choice but to marry her betrothed and claim that her husband was the father of her baby, that way it would ensure the infants safety, and Lidia could live a life with her head held up high, and not be thrown into the red tent to become a whore.

He has made many sacrifices since then,including the fact that he walked around with a hood over his head, to hide his identity just so he could be near Lidia. If she knew who he was she would kill him for hiding the truth from her.This disguise that he has worn all these years, has given him the opportunity to be around his children without anyone being the wiser. He watched them grow into handsome warriors, they resembled him completely, and that was the main reason he hid his identity, besides the fact that he didn't want Lidia to know who he was.

Lidias husband went to his grave not knowing that his two eldest sons were not his. He died in a battle when the witches of East Wick threw the magic Druid sword in his heart and killed him. He was a good man and Lidia had a good life with him, and William wondered if she ever fell in love with her husband. Jealousy coursed through his veins at the thought of his soulmate loving another man.

He lifted himself off the bench and headed to the castle to visit with Lidia, he has pretended for hundreds of years that he was a healer, just to be close to her. He remembered when he first walked into the castle as the healer, claiming that a fire had burned his face, and he had to wear the hood, because of the supposed scars. Everyone believed him, and that way he was able to be around to watch his children grow up, but everything had a price. Over the years, he also watched as Lidia and her husband had many more children together, but he turned his heart to stone and survived his bad luck. Now Lidia was a free woman, but he watched her grieve for her dead husband and he believed that she had fallen in love with him, and because of that, he never told her who he was.

***********

I forgot to mention in my Druid list of what is a Druid, that Druids do not age after 32 years of age, and Druidess do not age after 28 years of age, they stay young looking forever, and when a Druid gets pregnant, the pregnancy is only for four months before delivery, and the baby grows at a fast lace. Sorry for forgetting to tell you before hand.

Thank you for your votes and comments they mean the world to me!!!!!