Suspicious minds

It took everything he had inside him to control his need for her. His body suffered, aching painfully, but he once again pushed her gently away from him. He loved her enough to leave her purity in tact, even knowing that chances were he will not have her anytime soon.

Kyra was upset that her prince stopped his lovemaking, and left her high and dry. She was confused as to why he didn't want to connect with her. Did he not crave her as much as she craved him? Did he not love her enough? Was he in love with another? Was he craving Eva, and could not continue with her? A million questions danced in her young virginal mind, and she felt hurt and disappointed.

She was too young and naive to feel the torture in Michael's heart, and understand why he did what he did. Only Michael knew that it took every ounce of will power that he had inside him, to stop himself from taking selfishly what should be taken only on their marriage bed. He loved her enough to honor that, but Kyra's insecurities played a huge role in her suspicious mind, and her heart shattered from the pain she was feeling.

The princess sat quietly while her soulmate held her tightly in his strong and possesive arms, until he cooled off a bit, before he trusted himself to speak.

"Kyra, I love you." He whispered softly in her ear.

The princes pulled back from her lover, "You don't love me enough!" She said in a hurt and broken voice.

Confused, the Druid narrowed his eyes, and placed his calloused hands on her face and said hoarsely, "What nonsense is this you speak of?"

Kyra pulled away from his hold, and looked away, not wanting him to witness her tears as they glided down her face. "You don't want to make love to me, that can only mean that you don't desire me enough.' She said, and her voice was full of anguish, as the pain ripped through her heart.

"You think I don't desire you, or love you enough?" He asked, surprised that she didn't understand the depth of his love for her. "You are the very air that I breath!"

"Then why do you hesitate to make love to me? Why do you not desire me?" She said, as fresh tears formed in her beautiful eyes.

Michael's calloused hand lifted to her beautiful face and wiped her tears away. "It is because I love you so much that I keep you pure. I do not want to deflower you before our wedding ceremony Kyra. I love you enough to wait." He told her in a deep, rich voice.

The princess looked away from him, doubting his words, thinking that mayhap Eva was the reason why he held himself back from her. Without knowing it, the seed was planted in her mind, and she did not trust him anymore.

Michael noticed her withdrawal, and took a deep inhalation of breath. She sucked the very life out of him, and he knew that he needed to fix this problem before their wedding day, otherwise they ran the risk of not making the connection in time.

Thank you for your votes and comments, they mean the world to me.xoxxoxxoxoxxo