It is over

The roar of the battle was subsiding, Edward walked across the courtyard making sure that all the bodies that lay on the ground were dead. Spotting movement in the middle of the square, Edward marched over there, and watched as a monster was moving wildly about, and shrieking with pain. Edwards blade came down in one vicious stroke, across the monster bloodied body, without an ounce of compassion.

Michaels brother was seething with anger as he and the rest of the warriors patrolled the courtyard, making sure that every last one of the monsters were dead.

The Fierce warriors from the highlands had their victory today, they struck terror into the heart of the enemies with their cunning trickery, special skills, and iron steel strength. Most of the enemies were forced to flee from fear, but the ones that stuck around were massacred. The Druid brothers, and their warriors spared no one. The courtyard turned into a valley of the dead, it was a nightmare.

Edward stepped over the heaps of corpses, that lay on the ground, and was glad it was all over. He threw a glance up at the tower, and his heart twisted with pain. Now that his brother was gone, he was everyone's leader, and he hated the burden he knew he would have to carry for the next eight hundred years until his brother came back.

"Remove the corpses, throw them in a pile, and burn them outside the courtyard. By tomorrow morning I don't want any signs of the battle left!" He said in a firm and unwavering voice.

Every single warrior in the courtyard obeyed Edwards command without questioning it, and started the clean up, throwing the dead creatures on the wagons that were brought forth, one on top of each other. They were tired, hungry, and eager to finish their task, so they could go to their beds and rest.

The MacAlister brothers, followed by the Healer, the chief and his two brothers, all went inside the castle. They headed straight for the library, to have a much needed meeting, and figure out what they were going to do next. The Healer who was the last one to enter the library, closed the door behind him, turned around, and faced everyone.

"Once again we learned a very important lesson today, that the prophecies don't lie." He said, with a hint of sadness. "My son and his soulmate were taken from us, and there is nothing we can do about it."

"How many years do we have to wait for their return?" Asked one of chief Douglass's brother.

The healer sighed, "At least eight hundred years." He said in a soft whisper, holding back a choked sob.

"I don't understand, how will they come back? Where are they?" Edwards youngest brother asked.

"Kyra is in utero, she will be reborn in eight hundred years, and by then we will have perished because the witches will once again come back to fight, but their forces will be stronger, and this time they will succeed in destroying us, and we will all perish, but when Kyra finds Michael and releases him of his torment, he will use the runes and bring himself and Kyra back in time, and with Michael here, we will win the deadly battle with the witches." The Healer told them, and watched as they all looked at him in horror.

Edward narrowed his eyes and asked, "We are immortal, how will the witches kill us?"

"In a few hundred years they will uncover many more magic swords that our ancestors have buried throughout Scotland, and they will come after us with a vengeance, unless Michael comes from the future back in time and stops them from finding the magic swords, we are doomed!" The Healer said, and he threw his masculine body on a chair, to recover from tonight's ordeal. He was exhausted and missed Lidia.

Everyone looked at each other with dismay, before one by one they left the library, eager to go and rest their tortured bodies. Edward was the last to leave, and he made a right turn and headed straight to servants quarters where two pretty servant girls awaited eagerly his arrival. Forgotten was today's bloody images of the battle, and in its place was sweet Kyra's naked body, and as Edward slammed into the young servant girl, it was Kyra's name that he called out with a cry of passion.

Well my dear fans, that's the last of the past, the next chapter starts the future. Have fun reading it.

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxxoxxoxoxxo