Action time

Nessa combed her beautiful long tresses, and put on a beautiful gown, making sure that she looked smashing. She knew without a doubt that Hawk would be watching her today, and she was going to put on the show of her lifetime. Someone had to rattle him up a bit, so he could wake up, she thought, angry that she even had to do this. Aren't men supposed to act like men, and step up to the plate? She was in love with a Fay warrior, who was a giant beast, and had the strength of ten lions, yet he was a weakling when it came to love! I'm going to fix him, she thought, I'm going to make him a man in all the sense of the word!

Going down the stairs, everyone she passed stared at her. She looked beautiful, and she knew it too.

"Nessa, may I have a word with you in private, please." William's voice from behind her was sharp as crystal.

Nessa turned around and faced William, "Yes of course." She said, following him in the private library. She knew that this was going to happen sooner or later.

William closed the door behind her, and motioned for her to sit down by the table, and he too took a seat on the opposite side of her.

"Neil had a talk with me early this morning, I'm sure you know what it was all about." He said, watching her face carefully.

Nessa straightened her shoulders, and said in a firm and unwavering voice, "Yes I know, and I hope that you gave your consent. We love each other, and want to marry as soon as possible."

William sighed, he knew exactly what she was doing, and it saddened him that Lidia was going to be the one to hurt in the end. "You don't love him Nessa, so why even bother with the wedding?" He asked her calmly.

Nessa was baffled as to how he knew what was in her heart. She never lied to him before and was ashamed that she did now. Unable to face him anymore, Nessa dropped her eyes to her hands, and said softly, "Yes I do love him, he will make a fine husband."

"Not for you he won't, and you know this. Your heart belongs to another, yet you play with fire, and do not realize it." Nessa's heart pounded against her chest, and she wondered if he knew her secret. "You know your sister is in love with Neil, and my guess is that he wants her too."

Tears of frustration glided down Nessa's cheeks, and she knew not what to say to William anymore.

William took her hands in his, and said in a loving tender way, "No need for tears Nessa, you are a strong woman, and I have faith in you. That's why I am here, to help you get what you want."

Nessa eyes met his, and she saw in him a good soul. Her mother was a lucky woman to own his heart, she thought, and wondered if the Fay loved her even half as much as William loves her mother.

"How much do you know William?" She asked, again feeling ashamed that she has lied to him all this time.

"Everything, every single little detail, did you forget that I have visions?" He asked her, and watched, as her face turned fifty shades of red.

"Are you disappointed in me William?" She asked with trembling lips, doing all she can to hold off the tears.

"No I'm not, in fact, I am proud of you Nessa!" He said, and Nessa almost fainted with relief.

"Thank you, that means the world to me William." She said, as fresh tears glided down her face. "I am in love with Hawk, and I find that this is the only way I know to get him to admit that he loves me, if in fact he does, because I could be wrong."

"No Nessa, you are not wrong, he loves you dearly, but are you sure this is what you want? He is Fay, and you would have to sacrifice alot being with him, and so would he. Your love would have to be rock solid to withstand all the obstacles that would come your way, once you attach yourself to Hawk. Would you be willing to go through all that, just to be with him?" He asked, already knowing what her response would be.

"Yes William, I would risk everything just to be his wife. I love him very much, and can't see myself with any one other than him." Nessa said.

"Very well then, I see you have already made up your mind." He said, and his voice sounded tired, and guilt settled in Nessa's heart.

"William, I am sorry, I do not want to cause problems for you or mother, it's just that I love him so much, and I want him desperately." She told him truthfully, "but I don't think he loves me in the same way."

"What do you mean by that?" William asked, concerned that someone was going to get hurt with all of this.

"Well, I know he desires me, but he never actually told me that he loves me, and I fear that even if he does love me, he is not strong enough to move forward, and step up to the plate. For some reason he is being stubborn, and doesn't admit what's in his heart, something is holding him back from me." Nessa confessed.

"And you want to fake a wedding with Neil to help Hawk take a step forward, and claim you his?" He asked, with a half smile playing on his lips. "And if this backfires, what then? Will you go ahead and marry Neil?"

"No way, but hopefully my sister will come to her senses, and marry him. Why is Hawk and Lanie being so stubborn? Why do I have to go to such lengths for the both of them to see the truth?" Nessa said.

"So what's the plan Nessa, have you thought of one?" William asked.

"Yes, I will go to the ceremony dressed as a bride, and I know Hawk will be watching, and hopefully he will step forward, and claim me his, and mayhap my sister can finally admit that she loves Neil, and we can have a double wedding!" Nessa said, satisfied with her predictions.

"It's not as simple as that, Nessa, but sines you insist, we will proceed with your plans and hope for the best. I just have to figure out a way to protect Lidia from this mess that may inflict pain on her. She is my life, and will not stand by, and watch her suffer." The Healer said passionately.

"I love my mother too, and do not want to cause her any grief. Hopefully in the end of all this, everyone will be happy with the outcome." Nessa said.

William raised his eye brow's and asked, "Have you thought of what Michael will say when he comes back, and finds out you have married his best friend, and a Fay at that?"

Lifting herself off the chair, Nessa was too excited to worry about what her brother had to say about her decisions. "I'm sure he'll get over it quickly." She said, as she exited the library.

Thank you for all your votes and comments. Xoxxoxoxxoxxoxo