The Fay babe

Hawk placed Nessa gently down on her feet, and smiled at her warmly. His golden eyes sparkled with love, and his heart squeezed with adoration for the woman he so desperately loved.

Nessa angrily walked away from him, making her way to the other side of the room. She pulled the silky blue curtain back, that draped around the tall window, and looked down below to the courtyard. The warriors were in training, welding their swords in the air, showing off, as a few ladies of the court, sat on the stone benches, and admired their strength.

The Druidess sighed, letting go of the curtain, she turned around and faced Hawk. He still stood by the door, with his arms folded, and his thighs spread apart.

"Talk to me Nessa, tell me everything that's on your mind, you have my undivided attention." He told her, hoping she will forgive him if he had upset her downstairs.

"I already told you that I am pregnant!" She yelled, tired of repeating herself again.

Hawk sighed and dropped his hands to his sides, "Nessa, please don't do this to yourself. You know that what you are saying is next to impossible!" He told her, worried that she might fall into depression. He knew she wanted a child desperately.

At that moment, the Fay saw Nessa place her hand on her belly, and her eyes sparkled with excitement. "Come here and feel for yourself your child move inside me Hawk!"

Hawk withheld from rolling his eyes, not wanting to upset her in anyway, and did as she bade him to do. He walked up to her, and placed his hand on her belly just to make her happy. She placed her hand on top of his, and waited. Not even a few seconds later, something inside Nessa's belly kicked outwards, and hawks eyes popped wide open.

"This can't be! How is this even possible Nessa?" Hawk asked hoarsely.

"It is possible!" She whispered, looking up at him through her tears.

The Fay was speechless, this kind of thing has never happened before.

"I don't know what to say." He said hoarsely, as many different emotions were tearing him up inside.

Nessa was different, he thought, she saw him in his invisible form. Mayhap this situation never happens, but she conceived his child, proving that everything is possible, even the impossible.

What would his people think of this child, or better yet what would her people think? Would either race even accept it as theirs?

"Nessa this is a once in a lifetime thing, this kind of thing never happens!" He told her, pulling her into his arms. "You're going to give me a babe, my love, I can't believe it!"'

Nessa sighed with relief, glad that finally he believed her.

Hawk lifted her in his arms and walked over to the bed, where he placed her on it, and climb next to her. "You have made me the happiest Fay in the world!" His deep voice cried joyfully, and he collected her in his strong arms and cradled her.

"I wonder what a child that is of a mixed race will look like." Hawk said, looking down at her.

"Who cares, I'm just happy to be pregnant." Nessa replied, and felt another kick inside her belly.

As the evening wore on, Nessa and the Fay lay in bed, enjoying their time alone. Never before has Nessa ever felt this loved, as this transcendent moment.

"Hawk." Nessa said drowsily as her eye lids grew heavy.

"Yes my love." Hawk said, loving the feel of her velvety body next to his.

"Remember the wish upon the stars that you made that one day?" She asked.

"Yes I do, why?" He asked.

"Because on that day, I made one too!" She said.

"You did? What did you wish for?" He asked curiously.

"I wished for a babe." She whispered right before sleep claimed her.

The Fay lifted his head and looked down with disbelief at his soulmate's sleeping form, and a smile curved his full lips. He always knew that if you wish upon a star, your wish will come true.

Thank you for your votes and comments, they mean the world to me!!!!! Xoxxoxoxoxxo