Unchain my heart

Hours later, Michael was still standing by the huge window, looking out into the moonless night. The stars sparkled like diamonds in the night sky, and Michael took a deep inhalation of breath and stuck his head out of the window. The soft breeze caressed his tear stained face, and he closed his eyes and fresh tears glided down his handsome chiseled face. He was a tortured soul, and knew not how to release the pain in his heart.

The truth of the matter is that he loved Kyra more than life itself, but he did not know how to let go of the memories that destroyed all his hopes and dreams. Pulling his head back, Michael closed the window, and walked across the room, and pulled open the wooden door to the library, and stepped out into the hallway.

Hundreds of hungry warriors were heading into the dining area, as the servants prepared to serve them dinner. Michael climbed the stairs two at a time and reached the second level of the castle, and at that moment, he saw the healer exit his mothers chambers, and his heart stopped beating.

What had happened to Kyra? Did the healer heal her wounds? His heart twisted with fear, as the healer walked towards him and threw him a disapproving glance, "She's hanging by a thin thread! It's not known if she will make it through the night." He said, "I've instructed your mother to stay with her, because if fever claims her weak body, she will be in deep trouble!"

Michael could not speak, he didn't trust himself to say a word.

"I have put healing herbs on her scared back, and hopefully her scars will heal fast. I will return in the morning, there is nothing else for me to do tonight." He said with a hint of disapproval, as he walked away from the Prince.

The Druid Prince slowly walked to his mothers chamber, opened the wooden door, and stuck his head inside. Lady Lidia threw him a "I'll fix you later," look, and focused her attention back to the unconscious beauty that lay on her bed. Michael knew that his mother would never forgive him if anything happened to her, but he would never forgive himself either, he thought desperately.

"Leave mothers chamber, you don't belong here!" Growled Edward. "If anything happens to her, I will kill you with my bare hands!"

Both men angrily stepped foward, and lady Lidia jumped off the bed and ran between them, "both of you stop! I will not have this behavior in my chambers." She yelled, and then she looked at her son Michael and pointed to the door, "leave now!"

Michael stubbornly pulled a chair and sat by the bed side, next to Kyra, and whispered hoarsely, "I'm not leaving mother."

"You have no bussiness here!" Edward hissed, "leave this room before I break your neck!"

"Stop! Both of you leave my chambers, I will not have this talk right here in front of Kyra. Have you no shame?" Their mother said angrily.

Both of Lidia's sons clamped their mouths shut, not wanting to be thrown out, and they sat in silence and watched as their mother added more ointment on Kyra's scarred back.

Guilt stabbed Michael's heart, as he watched his mother care for his soulmate. It was the first time in his entire life that he ever lifted a finger on a woman. He knew that he will never get over the pain of what he has done, and he also knew that Kyra will never forgive him, but what about her betrayal? She is the one that stuck the knife in his heart and twisted it, by falling into the arms of his brother.

Lady Lidia watched her son carefully and realized that her son was still grieving what he thought was the betrayal of his betrothed with his twin brother. Even she knew that Kyra would never betray her son in that way, but her son was a stubborn mule, and did not even want to look for the truth. He immediately assumed the worst, and destroyed any chance of happiness he could have had.

Lidia knew that Kyra would not forgive her son anytime soon, if ever, and she was sadden by the truth to that.

Please vote and comment and Thank you for your continued support! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo