Movie Night(Damian Wayne x Reader)

Okay, so after a whole month of inactivity...I'm back. Well, sort of...I'm not sure when the next story will be out but I've had some big events happen IRL so this was put on pause. Anyhow, this was requested by @Shove_A_Cupcake and uses prompt 18 (Is the movie too scary? I can stop it if you want and we could watch something else.). It's short and sweet... I think so I hope it's okay :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

I watch the salmon and purple sky transform into a vast expanse of jet-black. A canopy of luminous stars materializes amongst the ocean of blackness. Some are dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, although there is an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night. My eyes continually dart from the window to my phone which is lying on the table. Damian promised me that he'd be home before 11 pm. I mindlessly turn the radio on, turning it off only a few minutes later.

I hear the sound before I realise what was happening. The smashed glass that was once a window lay on the living room floor like a thousand tiny daggers, the light from the moon shining off them. Damian tumbles to the ground, his eyes closed in a grimace, his skin pale and clammy. I immediately rush to the kitchen, grabbing tea towels and the first aid kit before sprinting back to Damian. I fall to my knees causing a few shards of glass to dig into my skin, my own blood mixing with the quickly forming pool of Damian's. 

His blood begins to soak my sleeve, radiating outwards as I strip the fabric away to reveal a dark hole in his never-seen-the-sun white skin. The bullet wound looks nothing like I'd expected from my extensive crime drama viewings. Instead of a neat reddened hole, it is oozing with dark congealing blood and the smell alone is enough to initiate a gag reflex. As I clean the blood away from the wound, I notice the actual wound is quite small. Somewhat ragged around the edges but barely bleeding even. A perfect shot if you considered that sort of thing- professional hit, no doubt. I heard Deathstroke was a good shot...maybe he shot Damian? Firefly? David Kane? It had to be one of those three. I keep my face passive while I panic on the inside.

"Damian, this is no problem. Just hang on." I mutter.

I apply pressure to his wound, using my knee as I gather the tea towels and bandages. I take a quick observation of his battered body, looking for any other bullet wounds, thankfully finding no other bullet holes. There is a cut above his left eye, the blood already brown and dried. I remove the damaged mask from his face, a quiet gasp coming from my lips. His left eye is swollen, he probably couldn't see a thing out of it if he were awake. I grab the tweezers and hesitantly get to work on pulling to bullet out of Damian. I hate this. I hate this so much. 

It doesn't take much longer to finish applying first aid once the bullet wound is dealt with. After making sure all Damian's bandages are secured properly, I let out a sigh of relief. Damian's eyes lazily roll open, glazed over with the remnants of a dream. 

"Beloved, did I miss the film?" He asks.

"No, of course not baby!" A bittersweet laugh escapes my lips.

"I hate that name," He remarks, slightly hissing in pain as I check on a few of his injuries.

Damian Wayne Pov

I attempt to stand up, however, the sharp pain which shoots through my body prevents me from doing so. (Y/N)'s eyes widen for a brief moment before she wraps her arms around my body, helping me to my feet. 

"I'm not hurting you am I?" She asks.

"You could never do such a thing," I reassure her.

We venture to the bathroom where I'm able to assess the injuries I'd received. I use the bath to rest for a moment and notice (Y/N) watching me with worried eyes. 

"I can take it from here love," I murmur.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm sure you have other things to do," I reply.

"Oh, okay." She nods before leaving me to be alone.

With an exhausted sigh, I strip down and step slowly into the shower, turning the water on high and letting it beat over my head in steamy rivulets. Closing my eyes to the water as the heat soaks into my skin, my legs begin to buckle causing me to brace myself against the wall resulting in a loud "THUD". I lean against the cool tiles for a moment, collecting my thoughts. I hear the door open and (Y/N)'s soft voice.

"Damian? Are you okay?" She calls out.

"I'm fine Beloved, I'm okay," I reply.

"Do you need help?" She asks.

The shower curtain is tentatively pulled back and I don't flinch, engrossed as I was with the water cascading down my body and massaging muscles long past cramped.

"Damian." (Y/N) sighs, the exasperation clear in her tone. "What are you doing?"

"Standing here." I crack an eyelid and raise a brow at the same time, watching her. 

Her concerned eyes flash down my body, observing each bruise and cut before flashing back to my face. "...oh, honey."

Slowly, I raise a hand and cup her cheek, leaning close to kiss her gently. Feeling her hands glide over my water slick body, pulling me close to her and disregarding the fact that I was naked and wet and she was clothed as pulls me deeper into the kiss. I pull away from her, reaching behind me and turning off the water. (Y/N) hands me the white towel, smiling gently. Her smile is the prettiest thing I've seen in a while, it extends to her eyes and deep into her soul, the honesty that is purity, her childhood innocence so vibrant and free.

"How about we get you dried off and begin movie night?" She asks.

"That sounds pleasant," I reply.

*Time skip a few minutes*

Still Damian Wayne Pov

We sit, engrossed, barely noticing the popcorn that fails to make it to our slack mouths. When the screen falls to black (Y/N)'s body becomes rigid and her hand searches for mine. Silences never lasted long at the movies, merely tools to heighten the drama, ploys of stylistic effect – depriving the senses of light and sound for just long enough to peak the viewers fear. The next moment is maximum intensity: loud, bright, fast, shocking. (Y/N) squeals and buries her face into the crook of my neck causing me to chuckle quietly. 

"Is the movie too scary? I can stop it if you want and we could watch something else." I ask.

"No, I'm okay, I'm not scared." She denies.

I wrap an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, gently rubbing her arm. She sinks into the warmth of my side and squeezes me back, neither of us wanting the moment to end. 

 "I bet you're tired," I say as her head lolls to my shoulder.

"Maybe," she murmurs with a tiny sigh.

 I smile happily as a few more minutes into the movie she goes limp, snoring lightly.