Injured (Damian Wayne x Reader)

Hi all! Just out of curiosity are the people that have requested in the past still reading this? Please comment so I know. Anyway, this was requested by @Deception_RaireFox. It is based off prompt number 8 (Before we carry on, why are you wearing my cape?). Hope you enjoy! I also have a new Jason Todd x Reader book out so please go check it out!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(Y/N) pov
Being injured and Batgirl doesn't go hand in hand. I guess that's why Bruce put me on monitor duty tonight. I usually watch just YouTube videos until Bruce needs me but tonight I have company which means I have to do work. Damian's constant grunts and the clash of metal on wood echo throughout the Batcave, reminding me I'm not alone tonight. I shiver as I notice goosebumps appearing on my skin. I defiantly underestimated how cold the cave would be tonight, not like me at all. I wince as I sip my coffee - it is tepid, overly bitter and lacking any real cream. But it is a source of caffeine and I continue to drink like a sailor new to whiskey. I hold the warm cup in my hands so they won't freeze. The heater Alfred set up for me isn't doing much but it still provides some warmth. I push myself up from my chair and look around for something I could use as a blanket.

My eyes land on one of Damian's many capes that lay around the cave. My cheeks heat up at the thought of using one of his capes. Although Damian can act like an asshole most times I still find myself attracted to him. Now and then I would talk to Dick about it but he always told me the same thing. That I should tell Damian. But there is no way in heaven, hell or purgatory that would ever happen. I cautiously approach the discarded item and pick it up. Maybe he won't mind, I glance around the cave and thankfully don't see him anywhere.

I sit back down and wrap it around me. My fingers become entwined in the long cape, gripping it as if it can keep me from tumbling into any trouble. I frown this isn't exactly what I need. For some reason I crave real comfort, strong arms and reassuring words. Because if he said them I would believe them. Maybe it's the stupid cape's fault. Maybe it's Damian's fault for making me fall in love with him. The warmth that the cape provides me persuaded me that I am safe here. I fight to keep my eyelids from shutting as I relax into my chair. Each time I open my eyes they are pulled closed with a greater force than last time until I give up fighting it. The chatter of the bats above help lull me to precious sleep.

Damian pov
I always know a workout goes well when the sweat droplets I collect on my skin began to run down my face and limbs then splash onto the floor of the cave. Beads as salty as the ocean will run into my lips. When Father gave me the assignment of babysitting (Y/N) I had yelled at him for being so stupid. She has proven she could take care of herself in more ways than one. I would even say she is a worthy opponent in battle but still Father insisted I stay to oversee her wellbeing.

I collect my belongings from the floor and make my way into the control room, hopefully (Y/N) would be there. Ever since I met her I knew something was different about her. She is special even though she denies it. I spot (Y/N)'s figure resting on a chair in front of the main computer. I notice a coffee cup on the bench in front of her. I make a mental note to yell at Drake for supplying her with the horrid drink. As I get nearer I notice she is asleep. The only movement she makes is the slight rise and fall of her chest. My mind can't comprehend how it is the same girl who wreaks havoc throughout Wayne Manor when she is conscious. In sleep she is angelic, her face as fresh as a dew drop, making gentle noises as she breaths. When I see my spare cape wrapped around her I only grown fonder of this amazingly beautiful girl. Maybe it's time to tell her how I feel. I clear my throat just loud enough to wake her.  (Y/N)' s (E/C) eyes lazily roll open, glazed over with with the remnants of a dream. She looks around in confusion but as soon as her eyes land on me her cheeks burn a brilliant red.

"D...Damian I thought you were training. Um...uh I can explain but you probably won't care. I'll jut give this back and how about we never speak of this again!" She frantically says.

She untangles herself from the cape and holds it out for me to take. I chuckle at her panicked state and shake my head. Why would she think I didn't care for her explanation. My eyes wander over to the large computer in front of her which had multiple cases open but my mind is focused on (Y/N) wrapped in my cape. I glance back at (Y/N) to see she was busying herself with some small insignificant task.

"Before we carry on (L/N), why are you wearing my cape?" I ask in curiosity.

(Y/N) stares at me in beautiful shock.

"Well I...uh...forgot to bring down a warm blanket and it was really cold....and...I thought you wouldn't mind if I borrowed it." She mutters.

A smile graces my lips as I lean on the chair she sits on. Her face regains the red glow causing me to chuckle. She drapes my cape over her legs and sits crossed legged on the large chair. As I continue to look at her my mind recalls the hours after the patrol that she injured on.

Flashback:
Grayson walks toward me with his arms crossed over his chest. Instead of the mischievous smirk he usually wears it is replaced by a thin line. It was my fault she got hurt, everyone knows it. I suspect it is only a broken wrist but the guilt still weighs down on my shoulders like a bag of bricks. She stupidly took the hit for me.

"You gotta go apologies Damian." Grayson mutters quietly.

I lower my head and rub the back of my neck. Of course Grayson would be the one to try and keep peace between us. Jason and Tim make noises of agreement while they continue to glare at me. She is a part of the family so when she gets hurt my idiotic brothers take it personally. I keep my mouth shut in case I make this situation worse. I may pretend to not care about her but she is basically all I can think about when we're apart. I quietly walk to the infirmary in the cave and spot (Y/N) sitting on a bed. As soon as our eyes meet she smiles warmly.

"Hey! Look at my cool cast Alfred made me!" She exclaims.

I look over at Alfred for some sort of explanation and notice empty painkiller containers in his hands. (Y/N) giggles quietly in the background for seemingly no reason. I turn my attention back to (Y/N) and raise an eyebrow. She holds a marker out in my direction trying to get me to sign it. I walk over and take it from her.

"I'm sorry." I mutter.

"It's not your fault Damian. It's the stupid bad guys fault...but we got him in the end so it doesn't really matter anyway!" She rambles.

She watches my hand with intrigue as I sign my name of the (F/C) cast. I believe it is some sort of tradition people do when they break a bone. I notice Alfred and Grayson had already signed theirs. She had yet to collect Fathers, Tims and Jasons. Although I doubt Father would sign it but this girl knows how to get what she wants. She grins and traces her finger over my name.

"Your hand writings pretty." She says.

I nod and feel my cheeks heat up a little. I sit down beside her and sigh in defeat, she won. I tried so hard to not fall for her but I can feel myself slowly sinking further and further. She looks up at me with her beautiful (E/C) eyes which seem to sparkle under the infirmary lights. As long as I'm around her nothing will happen to her.
End of Flashback

"I...umm...I like you." (Y/N) stutters.

Her eyes are filled with hope as she tries to anticipate my answer. I can tell from her blush that she really meant it. Her usual (S/C) had a rosiness to it, it's cute. At first I can't comprehend her words but I manage to piece together what she meant. I chuckle quietly as a wave of relief washes over me, I guess it wasn't just me who felt that way.

"I love you too...Beloved." I finally mutter.

Words I have been waiting to say since the first day I met her.