Stitches Part 5 (Jason Todd x Reader)

Hi! This was requested by @Saber G and uses no prompts from the earlier chapters. Speaking of prompts, shall I supply some more ones? I feel like the older ones are well...old and you guys might want some fresh stuff. Let me know in the comments please! Anyway, please watch the video above as the story is based off it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

While I was asleep the other night I got a strange feeling that my bed was rocking. I woke up to find I was no longer in my bed, but in a boat on a gently swaying sea. There was no motor on the boat, no oars, nothing I could use to guide the boat that was drifting aimlessly. All of a sudden the boat ran aground on some island that was not there before. There was no reason to stay in the boat, so I went ashore.

I went inland a few yards and found people stumbling and wandering around. I watched them but no one seemed to see me. I needed to find out where I was, so I went up to one of the people and asked him where I was. He turned towards me revealing a face which is blurred. He leans towards me, the words that fall from his mouth are only whispered. It seems like the deep, rich sound of his voice echoing around me.

"You could forget me...". 

Though my eyes are open I can't think of why; my heart is pounding, mind empty. It's as if adrenaline has been emptied into my bloodstream. I strain into the utter darkness, my breathing beginning to turn harsh and ragged. My hands clench into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against the tears which threatened to fall. There is an ache that comes and goes, always returning in quiet moments. I want so much to remember why it is there.

I sit up, dragging my feet off the bed, and rubbing my knuckles into my eyes. I stretch my arms above my head and yawn. I watch my legs dangle above the carpet before pushing myself from the bed. No more than three hours ago the sky had been painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with no stars to be looked upon. I wrap my only warm jacket around myself and venture out into the streets of Gotham. Other than the darkness and myself all that seems to exist is the chilly wind that's harsh bite can be felt through my thick coat. I can feel the hairs on my arms raise and the bite of the wind leave its mark in the form of small bumps that tingle on my arms. The blocks pass in a blur, no-one but me is out tonight...or so I thought.

I turn the corner and discover a man which lurks near it. His eyes; a well of jet black ink, hold a gaze more fearsome than a tiger. A thin paper cigarette hangs from his bottom lip, a small trail of smoke escaping from the corner of his mouth dancing its way to the night sky above us. In one hand a gun lay loosely, his finger gently presses against the trigger sending a bullet millimetres away from my face and onto the wall behind me with a bang that echoes throughout the alleyway. His eyebrow rise in amusement at my reaction; nothing, not a flinch, not a single damn thing.

"Bitch." He mumbles.

"Nice to meet you too," I reply.

I continue to walk as my hair flutters in the air, my clothes cling to my body and my arms are tightly wrapped around my body. I feel the cold wind stroking my skin, wanting to rip my clothes off me as if I were its enemy. I find myself climbing the stairs to the rooftop of some random building. I lift my head to see over the city. The ground below me is alive with lights like someone had taken a handful of glitter and thrown it as far as the eye could see. It is too dark to make out individual buildings, but the lights are enough for me. I sigh, amazed at the view laid out before me. Tiny vehicles rushing along tangled lines of streets creating twisting threads of light.