How To Handle Rejection (Batfam x Reader)

This was requested by @WinterFrost250 and is based off number 5 (A: What are you doing? B: Avoiding. A: Avoiding what? B: Everything). I just realised I mixed up two of your requests and oh my god I am so sorry! I re-edited this cause I deleted a part and it needs to make sense.

————————————————————————————————————————
(Y/N) pov

I snuggle into the soft eiderdown duvet and close my eyes, taking in its scent. It still smells of the things I love, that floral scent takes me back to my early childhood, to simpler times. I wrap the duvet a little tighter around me, thinking about him. His childish face, his mischievous grin, had been a brick dungeon, a place I felt so unable to get out of, unable to talk to anyone from, unable to be myself. It brakes my heart to realize that he saw a cold war instead of sweet love between the two of us. I was only entertainment to this man, someone to take for a "test drive," or worse still, "a joy ride," not caring if I was left a burnt-out wreck at the end. I had already yelled my fuckin' lungs out whilst telling Dick and Jason what happened over a couple of beers. But somehow I find myself just as angry as I was before. With a sigh, I haul my tired body out of bed. Grabbing my duvet, speaker, (F/B) and phone, I exit my apartment and make my way to the rooftop. 

Living in Gotham means that more people are out and about at night, cars race around with their headlights on, businesses light their fluorescent signs. The tall buildings are in an exact grid pattern. The ubiquitous skyscrapers are smudged by the smog-filled sky. Nights like this remind me why I wish I live in the country. I want to see the dark blanket we call the sky littered with twinkling stars. The beauty of the night sky is always masked by the artificial lights and aeroplanes soaring across. For just one night, all I wanna see is the moon and a sky full of stars. However, the strangest thing is that each time I'm up here, watching the busy street, I'm able to relax. 

I connect my phone to the speaker and scroll through my Spotify playlists, finally deciding on some soft music.  Humming quietly I adjust the duvet around my shoulders, encasing myself in plush warmth. I sit myself down on the ledge of the rooftop, my dangling legs reminding me of when I was a child. I adjust my balance, making sure I'm secure before opening (F/B). I cast my eyes down to the busy street, watching a couple of girls drunkenly stumbling around the street whilst squealing. 

I turn my attention back to the book allowing myself to be sucked into it, forgetting my surroundings. Reading is my escape from reality. My imagination takes over as I become further entranced, fantasizing what the characters look like and how they act. It's crazy how much something as casual as reading can leave such an impact on you. I live each page in breathless rapture. The characters leaping out at me.

"Miss, are you alright?!" A voice calls out.

I now notice how close to the ledge edge I actually am, I must have moved without realising it. I jerk forward in fright with a yelp, however, I'm pulled back by someone. I watch my duvet flutter to the street below catching the attention of the drunk girls. I look up, realising I'm in the arms of Nightwing whilst Red Hood and Red Robin watch a few feet away.

"I got ya," Nightwing soothes.

"You better have," I sassily reply.

My heart is pounding, not only because of the adrenaline running through my body but because gad damn, this man is fine! He continues to look better the longer I not-so-discreetly stare. His lips are pale and thin, his nose slender and rounded. His prominent jaw curves gracefully around and the strength of his neck, showing the twining cords of muscle that shapes his entire body; strong arms, bold thighs and calves, a firm chest and abdomen.