Nightwing In Shining Armour (Dick Grayson x Reader)

Hey! This was requested by @PunkMewtwo  and uses prompt 3 (Me? Overreacting? Probably.). Enjoy! Please go and check out the Batboys x reader book that they have created because it is fantastic!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) pov

All day long I've been sitting at this desk, paperwork piling higher and higher. Save the trees, huh? I don't think the managers here have ever heard of that. The clock ticks on the wall and I swear it's slowing down. A sigh escapes my lips and the words on the screen in front of me begin to move. I rub my tired eyes for the hundredth time. I notice the movement of the chair in front of me causing me to look up from my work. My eyes land on my beautiful boyfriend sitting in front of me, my heart stops in my chest every time I look at him. His wild black hair complements his pale skin so beautifully. His aquamarine eyes are brighter than the sun itself. His smile nearly melts me into a puddle of nothing.

 "Hi," He greets.

"I'm almost done here babe, just give me a few seconds," I  mutter.

I quickly log out of my computer and gather my things with Dick's help. With his spare arm, he wraps it around my waist, lovingly. There is no perfect lover but Dick comes pretty very close to it. As we walk out I feel tired as hell, weary with the burden of long-closed eyes; I can easily pull off being a walking zombie. Once we arrive at our apartment I slump on my favourite armchair and throw my badge on the table. My gun presses into my leg and I reach to take it out, laying it on the table too, next to the white orchid my mother had brought over last Tuesday. My eyes settle on it for a moment. Perhaps I should take it to work, it would be nice to have it there. Instead of joining me on the heavenly couch, Dick walks to the bedroom where I can hear him sorting through the wardrobe.

"I want cuddles! Give me affection!" I whine.

When Dick reappears he is only wearing the pants of one of his many expensive suits.  My eyes wander over his body and his perfect abs for a brief second. He slips his arms into the black fitted shirt that matches the pants and buttons it up. Sadly, taking away the sight of his toned body.

"You know we have to attend the Wayne gala tonight, right?" He reminds me.

"Oh, shit" I mumble.

"Do you want me to put a dress out for you?" Dick asks. 

I yell out a quick yes and rush into the bathroom, scolding myself for forgetting about the event. I strip down and step into the shower, turning the water on high and letting it beat over my head in steamy rivulets. Closing my eyes to the water as the heat soaks into my skin. Although the hot water brings pleasure I end it as quickly as I started it. I wrap a towel around myself and enter our bedroom to find a beautiful dress lying on the bed. The gown is a greenish-blue gown made of soft, satiny fabric, long and beautiful. It is a semicircular, high collar made of silk-like materials headed the ankle-length robe.

"You look beautiful, baby," Dick whispers into my ear.

Dick pov

I've seen the other boys trip over themselves in (Y/N)'s presence, she is that beautiful. I love her more than she knows. When I look at her face, I lose myself. All mistakes I have ever made, and there have been many, are gone - every impure thought erased. These days it is hard to find the true meaning of love. There are so many songs that disrespect women, it disgusts me. There is no way in hell that a woman should be treated like a piece of meat for dogs to chew. Love is doing things like kind deeds, thoughtful actions, truthfulness, trustworthiness and self-sacrifice. We break away from each other and head for the door, starting our journey to my old home.