Kids Are Creepy (Dick Grayson x Reader)

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
Hi all! I have run out of requests! So if y'all have any storylines or want a certain quote in a story or something, hit me up, please! This story doesn't include any quotes I have supplied in earlier chapters. Please comment below if you want a part two for this story. 
—————————————————-—————————————————-—————————————————-—————————————————-
(Y/N) pov
The slow creeks of the swings, rusty and weathered, send shivers down my spine. All of the memories of my childhood come flooding back; the once yellow tunnel is now a brown-beige and barely visible through the patches of moss and vines. What had once been a place of joy, of peace and tranquility, could now be the set of some horror movie. I guess that's what happens when supernaturals camp out at places like this, they turn it into their own little hell hole. How the hell did Dad win that bloody custody battle with Mum? Yep, my father is John Constantine, the worlds most famous supernatural hunter. I sit on one of the swings near me and gently rock myself back and forth while I check my phone for any texts or Wattpad updates. I let Dad do his work so I can do my own.

"(Y/N) come and help!" Dad yells.

"Nah, you got it covered! I believe in you." I yell back.

I hear his scoff then return back to his investigation. So much for father and daughter bonding time! I wonder what type of supernatural being he will be facing this time. Crickets chirp and birds whistle around me causing the creepy factor to level up. The hairs on the back on my neck raise and I feel as if someone is watching us from the shadows. I tuck my phone in my pocket and stand up, eyes searching the darkness surrounding me. I feel my magic flowing through my body defensively, I am sure someone is watching me. A warm (F/C) glow surrounds my hands and illuminates the area around me.

"I'm gonna be a while sweetheart. I just found something interesting!" Dad yells.

Dad's sudden outburst causes me to jump in fright. I calm my nerves and quickly make my way over to Dad, just to be safer...I guess. Although I have been brought up in this type of environment I still get shivers up my spine when dealing with stuff like this. I never really liked hunting the supernatural. I swear to god I keep hearing bloody footsteps.

"Hey, Dad," I whisper.

Dad stops his work and turns to me. My eyes linger on the burning cigarette dangling from his fingertips, no matter how hard I tried to get him to quit, he never did. He never told me why he smoked so I had eventually concluded it was a coping method for him. But he does smoke less when he is around me so I am thankful for...I guess. I take a deep breath of the polluted air around us and restrain myself from making a disgusted face.

I open my mouth to tell him about my fears but a small figure behind Dad causes me to freeze. Tears roll down the little girls cheeks coaxing me to want to go and comfort the poor child. I hear Dad's voice but his words are incoherent because all I can focus on is the child.

"Mom?" she croaked, "Mom?".

From just her voice I feel myself going into panic mode. Why is a child out here alone? I snap myself out of the trance and try to focus on Dad. This is the thing responsible for the many missing women in this town. Dad's face had turned from passive to serious. The child walks forwards and cries out for her mother again. Each step the small girl takes towards us another child appears behind her and calls out for their mothers. The voices echo in my mind making it impossible for me to formulate any sort of spell to silence the children. I glance at Dad and notice he isn't being affected by the children's cries at all but it doesn't stop him from casting as many spells as possible to try and help me.

The ground sways and I'm suddenly on my knees. My arms ache from holding my hands over my ears and a sob escapes my lips. Why is this only affecting me? My body shakes and my breathing is harsh and ragged. I'm scared. I'm so bloody scared. How can Dad deal with this? My head starts to throb. The pain feels like someone is stabbing my skull over and over. Soon the rest of the world becomes detached, all I can concentrate on is the pain rooted deep in my head. If this is Dad's way of telling me I shouldn't have children, it's bloody working. Over the screeches and whines of the possessed children, I hear Dad. His voice is muffled but I can hear him which helps me cling onto my sanity.

"It's about bloody time you showed up Bats! Get her out of here now!" He yells.

Dick Pov
Bruce glances at me and nods as I scoop my girlfriend up from the ground. I have no idea what the hell those creepy little monsters are doing to her but I know it's bad just by looking at her. Her face is closed in a grimace and her skin is pale and clammy. Every few seconds she screams in what seems to be agonising pain. Her screams have a raw quality, the realness of a person consumed by a pain that knew no end or limit. As we get farther away she becomes quiet, just panting. I shouldn't have left her alone, I shouldn't have let her go with Constantine. All I can do is hold her close to me and hope like hell she will be alright.

Once we get inside her apartment I immediately go to work. (Y/N)'s breaths are slow, shallow almost like the past hours didn't even happen. Serenity is plastered across her face as she sleeps in my arms. I softly place her in her bed and lay a blanket across her body so she doesn't get cold. I close the curtains then collect the medical supplies I think she will need and place them on the kitchen bench. I grab the clothes I left here last time I visited her and slip them on. Once I hide the bag containing my suit I finally allow myself to relax just a little. How could Constantine put his daughter in danger? I run a hand through my hair and sigh quietly. My phone vibrates in my pocket telling me I've just received a text.

Bruce: Where are you?

Dick: At (Y/N)'s apartment. Why?

Bruce: John and I are coming over. See you soon.

What am I going to tell (Y/N)? I sit myself down on (Y/N)'s couch and turn the television on then flick through the channels until I find one with something that looked mildly interesting. Maybe it will take my mind off everything. I don't laugh when I'm supposed to, I don't feel any tension during the drama, hell, I barely follow the plot. All I can think about is (Y/N). But I keep watching it. The sound of soft footsteps catches my attention and (Y/N)'s soft voice echoes through the house.

"Dick, is that you?".

I can't help the relieved laugh that leaps from my throat. I jump up from the couch and race into her bedroom to see her beautiful face. I wrap an arm around her shoulders and carefully pull her close to me. Despite the heaviness in my stomach, it flutters at the feeling of her body pressed against mine. She seems to make the room warmer somehow. The world around us just melts away as we embrace each other like it would be the last time.