Lightning (Damian Wayne x Reader)

Hi! How has everyone been? This was requested by @-SatanIsAGirl-. It is based off number 28 (Graduated top of my class from Hogwarts school of bitchcraft and misery.). Hope you all enjoy! I used Valkyrie Cain's powers as an inspiration for the readers powers in this one. (Valkyrie Cain is from the Skullduggery Series.). Tell me what you guys think!
——————————————————-——————————————————-——————————————————-————————————————————
Damian pov
A feeling of freedom washes over me as I walk out of the school gates. My lips curve upward into a smile as I see Pennyworth waiting for me patiently. It's a mystery to why father continues to send me to school when I have all the essential skills I need. Pennyworth sends me a small smile as I approach him and hop into the car. Once I am settled Pennyworth gets into the driver's seat and immediately drives away from the academy.

"How was your day Master Damian?" He asks.

"Could have been better, could have been worse," I reply.

He nods in understanding and continues to drive. I scroll through the news feed on my phone as I wait for our journey to end. The manors gate catches the corner of my eye causing me to put my phone away. Alfred stops the car as close to the front entrance that he could.

"Master Bruce requires you're assistance in the Batcave tonight," Alfred says.

With a newfound sense of urgency, I open the door and get out. I immediately head to the Batcave to change and find out what the case we will solve tonight.

Reader pov
Tonight is the night. It will be my time to shine in front of the most heroic and awesome people in Gotham. I will show them I'm worthy of being a hero. Batman and Robin are my idols, they inspired me to start being a hero myself. I have the powers but it's hard to control them at times. I was able to make special clothes that are reinforced to act as an armour and is also unaffected by my powers. Something that I have a feeling will become very handy at times.

I wait for the two vigilantes on a rooftop near the warehouse that was being used as a base by Riddler

I wait for the two vigilantes on a rooftop near the warehouse that was being used as a base by Riddler. Small sparks of white lightning dances across my fingertips as I attempt to entertain myself. My hair whips at my face and the cold night air bites at the skin my clothes don't cover. I wrap my arms around myself for more warmth...I should have brought a scarf or gloves. The violent flutter of the fabric causes me to turn around to investigate. I un-sheath my katana with one hand as white lightning engulfs my other hand. A gasp escapes my lips as I take in the two vigilantes standing before me. Of course, I've seen them before but it always amazes me with how they always appear out of nowhere.

"Who is she?" Robin asks.

The lightning disappears and I put my katana away, the rooftop is now completely covered in darkness once more. I open my mouth to answer but my voice dies in my throat preventing me from talking. Thankfully Batman notices this and decides to speak for me. My cheeks flush with embarrassment and I mentally facepalm myself. Great first impression.

"She's helping us with this case." Batman says.

"Tt. We don't need help." Robin replied harshly.

I glare at him for his remark. Batman agreed to this because I was able to call in a favour due to my involvement with some of his previous cases. What is the point of having powers if I can't use them for something good? I take a USB from my pocket and hand it to Batman.

"He owes me, I asked for this as repayment so shove your judgement up your ass and deal with me. It's only one night." I snap.

Robin glares at me but I notice a hint of a smile on Batman's face. Although Robin is a complete asshat I have to admit he looks very handsome. I wonder if he's single. His faces flashes with surprise but he quickly masks it with a scowl. I spin myself around and focus on the warehouse to distract myself from developing a crush on the young caped crusader. Robin stands next to me and kicks a few pieces of gravel off the building. I hate waiting. We both stand in silence until Robin decides to break it.

"Why?" He asks quietly.

I look at him in confusion. What happened to the tough kid who looks like he would leave me for dead in a second? I glance around and realise Batman had left. Maybe it was just an act for Batman. After all everyone has a heart...no matter how small.

"Why are you doing this?" He mutters.

"Because I can't stand by and watch in the sidelines anymore. People are getting hurt I don't want to see anyone I love get hurt." I explain.

The silence between us is now comfortable. I watch Batman's shadow move between different guards and take them out slowly. All we have to do was wait until he is finished and then bust some bad guys.

"Are you still in school?" Robin asks.

I laugh "Graduated top of my class from Hogwarts school of bitchcraft and misery.".

"Tt, Nerd." He jokes.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment," I reply.

I grin at him but it disappears when I notice he was standing. He is holding a grapple gun and his other hand is extended toward me. The gun fires and I jump to my feet with the help of Robin. He hooks his arm firmly around my waist and holds me close to his chest so I don't fall. We both glance at each other quickly before jumping from the roof. I may not know who Robin is for sure but I defiantly know I have feelings for the boy under the mask. I also know that we are going to give each villain that crosses our path hell.