Valentines Day (Dick Grayson x Reader)

Hi! This was requested by @runedstcny and uses prompt number 7 (You're really cute and it's ruining my life because I think about kissing you all the time.). I know this is a little late for Valentines Day but it's the thought that counts...right? Sorry, It's so short! Hope you enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

When I was little valentines day meant one thing - chocolate. What wasn't to like? Everyone got cards and the class had a party. Fabulous! A day to celebrate love and eat candy? Right on! When I got to middle school it felt less pleasant, exciting in a way, but the pretty girls got cards and the ugly ones got either nothing or "joke cards" to wind them up. When I got my first boyfriend I so excited, finally the romantic dinner, the candles, the rose petals! Finally, I would be one of the lucky ones off to some fancy party! He showed up with a dopey little grin, still in his work clothes. Then from behind his back, he pulled cupcakes that looked like some pre-school baking experiment gone horribly wrong. It had felt like my guts had just gotten cement pumped into them. This couldn't be right. I had thought he loved me and all I got was the worst looking cupcakes in the world. The rest of the day was spent at home eating take-out while watching a poorly picked movie. Kinda like how Pam was treated by Roy in The Office (U.S.). Ah, so romantic.

But I believe we all deserve a chance at love because we all deserve something magical. And for me, my magic started when I met a guy named Dick Grayson. His touch is like soothing notes, making me feel like a beautiful ballerina. Being with him is like a princess story, charming, elegant and full of romance. That's the thing about love, it's so beautiful and mysterious and magical. He'll never grow old in my eyes, I'll never grow old in his, the eyes of love see in such a different way.

Valentine's day has come around once again and this time I know this is going to be better. I wake up early, moving softly down the stairs to the kitchen. I move about the kitchen with the kind of smile on my face that doesn't hide the love that warmed me from within. Twenty minutes seem to pass as quickly as one would, ending with a warm batch of pancakes, raspberries and freshly squeezed juice. I put the pancakes and juice on a large tray, by the time I get upstairs, Dick is only just stirring. I lay the tray gently on the floor and place a gentle kiss on his forehead. Dick opens his sleepy eyes and a warm grin spreads over his face. 

"Darling, I have breakfast. Happy Valentine's day!" I exclaim.

"How did I ever get so lucky?" He asks.

The baritone of his voice reverberates through my bones as Dick slides a strong arm around my waist, pulling me onto the bed. I could listen to his voice all day. It is a voice that you can sink in as it wraps you up. I squeak as I land beside him, flushing lightly before entangling my limbs with his. 

"Hmm, I have no idea." I laugh.

I snuggle into his body, my back facing his chest. Dick's arms squeeze a fraction tighter and I begin to breathe slower, my body melts into his as every muscle loses its tension. His body is so familiar to me - the way it moves, the smell of his expensive cologne, even the sound of his heart beating  - but this is the first time I really feel it, lean and hard muscle against my own.

"You know, you're really cute and it's ruining my life because I think about kissing you all the time." He mumbles into my ear.

"Kiss me later, Breakfast now," I order.

Dick's lips brush mine. Not innocently, but filled with lust and desire. I want to pull away before I lose myself but I can't seem to...At this moment, my senses have been seduced and I can no longer think straight. He draws back again and spent a moment studying her face. I feel my blush deepen under his scrutiny. He gazes at me lovingly, his eyes softening with tenderness before sparking with something else.

"(N/N)" he whispers slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savour them. 

I smile, my heart fluttering at his voice as I clasp my hands on either side of his face. Never before has my name ever felt so wonderful a one, I think, as I lean in for another. He tilts my head to the side and kisses me once more, his lips demanding more.

"I think breakfast can wait." He mumbles against my neck.