Caught In The Act Part 4 (Dick Grayson x Reader)

Hi! I'm so sorry for my absence but I've been a bit busy so I could publish or write anything. But this was requested by @harvestmoonwolfpup and uses no prompts. I hope you enjoy! I've added a bonus scene if you guys have revisited this due to it getting an update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV

Tiny fingers curl around my pinky. I watch my newborn peer through brand new eyes at what must be such a strange world after her life in the womb. Her legs kick in a tiny jagged motion, looking for that resistance they are used to I guess, but finding nothing but air. I wonder if that's unsettling or a relief, it must have been pretty cramped in there. When she stretches her hands barely rise above her head and I think of how strange we'd all look if we kept those body proportions as we grew. I know I can pick her up but I'm scared to break her. Then she begins to fret and cry, everyone tells me how annoying that's going to be, but it's so cute I almost cry. This is a new person that I made, and I'm already filling up with love for her. Dick turns his glossy eyes to me, tears of joy sliding down his cheeks. His arms are draped across my shoulders, more comforting than any blanket I had ever used. 

"She's as gorgeous as you are," His voice wavering as he speaks.

Through my exhaustion, I smile, letting my eyes leave Dick's face to take in the baby. She's only minutes old and my tiny girl begins to root, mouth wide, her instincts strong. Her eyes are more brilliant than I could have dreamed they would be, her hands more delicate. She feels so light, looks so perfect and smells so divine. I want to drink this moment in, this moment with my little girl in my hands.

"Ok, I know we agreed on some names for her but I think I found the perfect one," I smile anxiously.

"Oh, what were you thinking?" He asks.

"Mary Joanna Grayson," I announce happily.

"Why?" He asks.

"Joanna which is kinda like John, to honour your father, and Mary, to honour your mother. I just thought..." I explain.

His dark lashes brim heavy with tears.  A lone tear traced down his cheek, his dark blue eyes looking as if an ocean had been encased inside of small glass marbles.

"Yes! Yes, yes, yes! I love it." He interrupts.

Wordlessly I hold my arms open as an invitation and Dick flings himself into my embrace with a cry. His perfect blue eyes glisten with love. This must be a dream, I tell myself, but one I do not wish to wake from. I love him, I want to scream. I love him more than he knows.

I try to keep my eyes open but unfortunately, the comfort of my bed convinces me to drift into unconsciousness. I don't want to sleep, not yet. I just spent five hours giving birth, I'm not ready to part with the small human I created. The last rays of the late afternoon sun fall slanted through the window. I drift into consciousness. And then back out. The world is a blur, and random images seem to float aimlessly around in the pool of my thoughts, as though they are being blown about viciously by a hurricane. A tap on my shoulder momentarily brought me back to the outside world, but after a second I was once again lost.

"Alright, you need some sleep. Let me take Mary off your hands." Dick hums happily.

*10 months later*

Mary Jo moves like her knees are just hinges, wobbling to and fro before falling on her bottom. Then she claps like it was all part of her plan and rolled to her stomach to get up again. She is cute as hell. She is dressed in a primrose pinafore dress and those soft first shoes kids wear, the ones they can still feel the ground through. She giggles, waving her arms for the pick-up she knows is coming, but before she was hoisted high she is on her bottom again. I place her in her high chair and grab some food from the kitchen.