Silence (Damian Wayne x Reader)

Hey everyone! I have nothing to say except a huge thank you for all your support and kindness. It is honestly the best part of my day when I see how many of you vote and comment on my stories. I cannot express my thankfulness. Also...does anyone have any recommendations for comics including the batboys? I need something to read!! Anyway, on with the show! This was requested by @WinterFrost250 ☺️. It is based off prompt 36 (Let me sleep in your stupid t-shirts and hold your dumb hand, you piece of shit.).
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(Y/N) pov
His door is always open and so is mine, so why is it always I that must walk to him? He greets me with a hug that could melt mid-winter snow and I feel so blessed to be with him. He talks like the dew on spring leaves and smiles as if just that look could heal, but he never comes to me. I want to run toward him, yet stay away. I want to be strong and nonchalant but I cannot be. I feel drawn in and that makes me want to pull back. My world without Damian is colder, but I've grown accustomed to it. I wish he would just come to me, even if it was only once. I feel lost in his lies. The only thing that is there, after searching for so long seems to be betrayal. It slowly seeps in how much of a fool I had been, living in my dream world. I float away from the fake promises and reality until I am just a lost star. He touches my shoulder and I almost jump away from him. There wasn't anyone behind me when I had last checked. He smiles at me as I turn towards him.

"Where were you?" I ask quietly.

"Nowhere important Beloved." He replies.

I let him wrap his arms around me and kiss me. My hand reaches the back of his head and I take the cap off his head to discover a fresh bruise on the left side of his forehead. Every so often I will find bruises like these littering his body but this one looked serious enough to be questioned on. I am beginning to get tired of always being blown off by my boyfriend. How does he expect me to not worry about him when I continuously discover the injuries he tries to hide from me. Just once in my life, I would like an answer!

"What happened?" I ask forcefully.

"I hit my head." He lies.

"Bullshit Damian. What happened?" I ask once again.

The silence between us gnaws at my insides. Silence hangs in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground. The silence feels like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything. The silence feels poisonous in its nothingness, cruelly underscoring how vapid our conversation had become. The silence is eerily unnatural, like a dawn deprived of birdsongs. Silence clings to us like a poisonous cloud that at any moment could choke the life from us. Silence seeps into our every pore, like a poison slowly paralyzing us from speech and movement. Damian is normal never one to back down from a fight but today feels different between us. His eyes dart around the room as if he were afraid to look at my face. I have never seen him this vulnerable in my life.

"Please, Damian! We are in this together... isn't that what we always say? That...that as long as we're together, we're unstoppable. So why are you keeping secrets from me? You know that I will always stay by your side...no matter what." I beg for his explanation.

"Beloved I don't deserve you." He whispers.

"What?" I ask.

"You're supposed to tell me to let you sleep in my stupid t-shirts and hold my dumb hand and that I'm a piece of shit when I don't...." I cut him off immediately.

"Don't you dare think of yourself that way. I know that our relationship if quite different from others but I don't mind that. I don't care if you don't let me hold your hand or sleep in your t-shirts. I thought you knew that.".

Once again his eyes travel around the room and he fidgets on the spot. Suddenly, I am laughing so hard, I can't stop. I wave my hand in the air, my flag of apology. I don't know why, but the waves of laughter keep coming. I try to catch my breath and snort, staring at him wide-eyed, shocked that I would do such a thing and he suddenly bursts out laughing. With each surge of laughter, I release some of the tension that has built between us. Perhaps my body could just not contain it any longer. I'm not sure, but his laughter fills me with joy. Our hug is a simple enough gesture - affection, perhaps the fragile beginnings of love. The arms that hold me are soft, yet strong. The feeling of his body so close to me soothes me more than I had expected.

"You are the most perfect person in the world." He mutters.

"And you are the most stubborn," I reply with a smirk.

His lips are warm and taste of mint; he had been chewing gum earlier. His hands are wrapped around my waist and mine locked around his neck pulling him down slightly. When we brake apart for air, I rest my forehead against his and gather some much-needed oxygen. His smirk tells me everything and I smile back, sinking into his hold.

"You know darling, you should really let me sleep in your stupid t-shirts and hold your dumb hand, you piece of shit." I giggle.