Take A Break (Tim Drake x Reader)

This was requested by @Deception_RaireFox. It is based off prompt 20 (For once can you do what you are told?). 
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(Y/N) pov
Every night I try to fall asleep straight away at ten p.m. but it feels like it's next to impossible without him. My head is filled with several thoughts and "what ifs" continually flooding into my brain. I turn on my phone and scroll through my Instagram feed, trying to tire myself out. It never works. I repeat this theory every night thinking that I would have an epiphany on ways to fall asleep. I know that it is beginning to become a problem when I eventually doze off at half-past four, leaving me two and a half hours before morning. I wake up with no problem, but my eyes are bloodshot as usual and defined with a heavy black crease which under each which I have to hide with a ton of concealer before leaving the house. Why did this affect me so much? Why did he affect me so much? This is just getting ridiculous.

I pack a few things for Tim due to recent experiences where I hadn't come bearing a change of clothes to find him wearing clothes that were a week old. Damn kid can't even keep himself clean without me. The car ride to Wayne Manor is short and fast that may be due to speeding...But the law isn't important anyway. Alfred greets me with a kind smile and Tim's whereabouts. I slowly and carefully descend the stairs that lead down to the Batcave to meet my most likely sleep, deprived boyfriend. Although Bruce had installed the brightest lights in the cave when creating it I can't help but feel as if darkness overtook the light. I notice all the Wayne boys are down here keeping each other company while they work on this case.

"Awww family goals!" I tease.

All of the boys look up except Tim. My smile falters for a second as I watch Tim continue to type furiously on his laptop. The empty mugs on the table is a hint to how much coffee the poor boy has consumed. I place the bag containing his things on the ground and join him at his laptop. He quickly glances to the side and a smile flashes across his face.

"Hey! I'm almost done (N/N)." He says.

I fight a frown which threatens to replace my bright smile. I nod and watch him type things I don't quite understand. He always says that but it was never true. I sigh and twirl my fingers in his raven hair. I know how much his vigilante work is important to him and I don't try to be selfish but sometimes it seems he prioritises it over me. His lips move silently as he reads through different articles and reports on the latest crimes. Maybe...just once he'll agree to take a break.

"Come on Tim! You need a break...a shower, some clean clothes." I plead.

Nothing. He doesn't reply. God damn it! He's so wrapped up with showing Bruce how good of a hero he can be that he's forgotten how to be a good boyfriend. I wait a few more seconds before leaving him to 'finish'. I pick up one of Jason's discarded guns from the ground and head to the shooting range. Hopefully, Jay would be there so I can vent. I load the gun up with ammunition and shoot. One, two, three, four, five rounds. The unfortunate target didn't even have a chance. Each bullet had hit the middle near the last that was shot. The sound of clapping causes me to turn around and do a mock curtsy knowing it is just Jason. He strides toward me and ruffles my hair.

"Bad day?" He asks.

"More like a bad boyfriend." I scoff.

He nods in understanding and takes the gun off me. I slide myself down a nearby wall until I am sitting on the ground. Jason places the gun on a table and joins me on the ground. My fingers trace circles on the ground below us as I wait for his answer.

"Tell him." He says.

"Are you giving me advice on my love life?" I smirk.

"If you start calling me Richard...I will hit you. I honestly don't care that you are a girl and Tim's girlfriend." He laughs.

Somehow a fit of giggles erupts from me as Jason playfully and carefully hits my shoulder. Would it be selfish to tell him how I feel? I brush off some dirt on my pants and stand up. Jason salutes me before I walk out the door, leaving me to somehow drag my boyfriend away from his work. Dick and Damian must have left the main room due to their absence when I walk in. Thank god. I don't want to cause any trouble between the family if I do anything wrong.

"Tim," I mutter softly.

Tim hums in response as his eyes scan through another report. The bags under his eyes seem to be the worst they have ever been. I run my hand through his hair and take a deep breath as I start my little rant.

"I know this case is important to you but the last time we spent time with each other was a few weeks ago. I didn't want to say anything because I think this is selfish but can you please take a break for a tiny while. I want to catch up with you. I don't want to go out somewhere fancy, I just want to spend time with you while you aren't working."

His typing slows to a stop and he turns his head to look at me. What a bloody miracle! We both stare at each other for a few minutes before Tim replies.

"(Y/N) don't you ever think you are being selfish! You do so much for me and I don't even say thanks. You have sacrificed so much for me to only get so little in return." He pauses and sniffs the air "Is that me?".

I nod and grin. I had finally gotten this boy to communicate with me. I guess there's hope after all. He stands up from his chair and stretches his limbs. Usually, hugs could never be long enough for me. In Tim's arms I know I am safe and my worries will disappear like rain on summer earth. But right now all I can think about is the horrid smell that comes from Tim. I push him away from me and point to the exit of the Batcave.

"Shower now!".

He shakes his head bravely "Don't you want to spend time with me?".

I glare at him with the right amount of playfulness and seriousness.

"For once can you do what you are told?".

I shepherd him to the exit and toward the bathroom. Sometimes that damn kid worries me. And sometimes that kid can be so damn stubborn. I guess that's why I love that damn kid.