Stitches Part 3 (Jason Todd x Reader)

HI guys! So this was requested by quite a few people! So I'm happy you guys like this series. Anyway, the video above is kinda involved in the story so please watch it. ok, I'm done...This is kinda sad. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

Hating my ex-boyfriend is like a snake eating its own tail, or worse. It hurts me more than it hurts him and it just keeps going round and round. Everyone says it passes with time, that I'll move on when I find someone new. Beneath the smile I return to them is more than doubt. After Jason I'm not the same girl anymore, there's a purity, a naivety that died. I envy those that marry their childhood sweethearts, the ones that never feel the keen sting of betrayal, the anguish of forming a bond so strong only to have it ripped from your still beating heart. It's an invisible wound that never gets treated and the infection only gets worse. I'm still me, but with a caution and a tinge of bitterness, I never wanted. In the end, that's all Jason really gave me. Perhaps that's why the hate is so intense, he changed who I am for the worse, made me close down at the very age I should be open to new love. So I moved away from Gotham and to Star City in the hopes of finding something better, something to help me start fresh.

There is a heaviness in my limbs as well as my mind. The things I used to find funny now only caused a deepening of the pain. Although I hate him, I can't resist thinking about how we used to be. He should be here to laugh with me, or at me, or just near me. He should be making his espressos with the damn expensive machine and complaining about the price of eggs. But most of all he should be here to hug me goodnight and kiss me before I leave for work. I miss that.

I sit on my couch watching some stupid romance movie, a bucket of melting ice-cream on my lap, a spoon in my hand which is ready to attack the unsuspecting dessert. Before I know it, the front door to my apartment bursts opens causing me to let out an ungodly shriek.

"Get up bitch, it's time to party!" My two best friends scream in unison.

They grasp onto my arms and pull me from my small nest. I watch in horror as my ice-cream falls to the floor, spilling everywhere. Now I'm not just angry, I'm about to get nasty.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! GET OUT!!" I yell.

"We got you a gig!" Steph says excitedly.

"A what?" I ask in disbelief.

"We thought you could use a reminder of the old days, you know the ones where we just went out and had a fun time," Barbara explains.

"I call bullshit," I reply sarcastically.

"Ok, so a friend of ours needed entertainment for tonight and we told them we could do it..." Steph mutters.

"What friend?" I ask, cautiously.

"Thea and Oliver Queen." Barbara sighs.

"Alright..." I sigh.

They squeal in excitement before taking what looks like blue cloth out of the bag Steph carries. Once again I am in disbelief as the cloth unfolds into a jumpsuit, the one I used to wear when we performed. I laugh. It's a sound I have not heard in what seems like a thousand years. Maybe tonight will be fun. I snatch the piece of clothing from Steph and rush into my bathroom to change. The familiar material slips onto my body with ease, just like it used to. I wrap the gold scarf around my waist and throw on a denim jacket to top off my look.

As soon as everyone is finished we waltz out of my apartment, grinning like idiots as we each admire ourselves in anything that has a reflection. We had all added minor accessories to our outfits which add a bit of spice to our appearance. Our excited chatter fills the air, our laughter echoing down the streets. We enter the Verdant, grinning as we reminisce the old times. A high pitched squeal interrupts the gentle beating of electronic music.