The Bakery Part Two (Damian Wayne x Reader)

Hi all! Yay, it's another part! This was requested by @argentavis1101. I am slowly getting through the requests, please just give me some time and I will get around to yours. I've just been a bit busy so just bear with me.
——————————-——————————-——————————-——————————-——————————
Damian pov
Baking cake is all I can think of. Little gateaux's dance around in my brain, cupcakes with rich fondant toppings. I mentally mix and match the ingredients like a professional shopper chooses clothes. My shoes hit the concrete steps of my home, a place so regal people are shocked to see me and my brothers come and go. After the last disaster, I had been banned from baking cake any sort of cake, and that made me all the more determined to do it again. I had to impress (Y/N) but also prove my family that I am the best. Just because I burnt not only the cake but the pan and set off all the fire alarms and the sprinklers, really, what reason did they have? Father was out at work and my brothers were currently not present. Alfred is also preoccupied with duties outside the manor thus leaving me alone for the whole day. The time is sweet, as the sole person at the manor, it is time to take command of the kitchen.

I had planned to make it as beautiful as any baker but when it matters I forget to use one of the key ingredients. The cake comes out like a pre-school cooking project, the ones where the mothers eat it and fake a smile for the sake of their little one. It should have been delicious, all that butter and sugar, but it looks and tastes awful. So I'm not in the best of moods. Oh, well, I can whip up a batch of macaroons and have them baked in twenty minutes so that's what it'll have to be instead. She might prefer them anyway. Once I had finally finished the macaroons I place them in a small container and set them on the table.

(Y/N) pov
The bakery is in one of those little stores in the run-down part of town. It honestly looks like a shack with a hand-painted sign. But once I step inside I am greeted by one of my friendly co-workers with a smile as warm as the loaves in the oven. Each one is lovingly handmade in style; heavy, dense, hearty and nutritious. It smells so good I want to bottle the scent and take it home, but at least I get to take the bread with me; wrapped in parchment paper and cradled in my arms once the work day is over. My friends scoff at the $10 price tag, but once they taste the pastries they are reaching for more. I rest my arm on the display case and place my head on my hand. Customers come and go as the day goes on, each with pleasant smiles and kind words but all I can think of is Damian. Exhaling, I close my eyes with annoyance. Now, what do I about him? That is the question that has been hovering over me like a fire-breathing dragon. My heart flickers just thinking about him. I know he likes me, I mean he did kiss me. But, I have to be realistic and get my life together before even thinking of having a boyfriend or something like that. I can't get all wrapped up in the thought of being with a guy who is going to save me from the things that I can save myself from. Yeah, easy to say, the dragon in my head spews a line of fire at the part of my brain that sends tingles through my body when I think of him.

I never really thought that I had any chance with someone as famous as Damian which was one of the contributing factors to my feelings toward him beforehand. But ever since that day something has changed, each day I continue to grow fonder and fonder of him.  From what I gather he's quite a private guy. He's got the Adonis type look going on, dark eyes that make me weak at the knees. He has the heart of a lion and the soul of an angel. He's a fair few inches taller than me, which I like. He's muscular, with an almost perfectly symmetrical face. Everyone loves him, they're drawn to him. I see it in the way they hang on his words. They want to be close to him just like I do. If he wanted to he could have more friends than hours in the day. He could have almost anyone, he could have someone with a bigger bust, a smaller waist, blonde hair and more self-confidence.

I can't focus on those thoughts while working, it'll distract me. Almost as soon as my mind is clear of all things except work Damian struts in, looking like he owns that place. The smug smirk and small container resting in his hands tell me that he was successful. I cannot resist the grin forming on my face as he approaches me. The last customers walk out the door leaving me and Damian alone. There is a faint curve of his lips, but there was no crease below his eyes, no movement of his cheeks. On anyone else, it would be seen as a grimace, at best. On his face, however, it is a sign of bliss.

"I came to fulfil my part of our agreement," he informs.

"I can see that," I reply with a smile.

He hands me the container with an expression that I can only describe as nervousness. I raise an eyebrow and peek inside the container to see different pastel coloured macaroons. A smirk forms on my lips as I notice Damian's nervousness increase while my gaze rests on him.

"I know you asked for me a make a cake but I recently discovered that that is not one of my specialities." He explains.

"It's okay, no one is good at everything!" I reassure.

His lips lift upward once more. But this time one dimple crinkles. I notice the way his teeth are perfectly aligned and the warm glow his happiness brings to me. I quickly place the container in one of the nearly empty fridges and pluck two macaroons from the container. I pass him a macaroon, to what looks like his surprise. I giggle and bite into the macaroon to taste a delicious mix of ingredients. A small groan of delight escapes my lips which causes Damian to laugh.

"How do you make these so well?! I can never get them to taste as amazing as these!" I exclaim.

"A baker must never reveal his secrets." Damian chuckles.

"Your wise words never cease to amaze me," I joke.

"Shall we do this again another time?" He asks.

"I would love to Damian!" I exclaim in delight.

Tilting my head, I look at him with an excited grin. He kisses my cheek causing bring a red blush to decorate my skin. The world around me blurs as I look into his eyes. My arms reach up and tangle around his neck. I breathe in sharply and kiss him delicately, his arms encircle my waist drawing me in, his lips hungry for mine. I have waited so long for this.