Caught In The Act (Dick Grayson x Reader)

Hiya! So, this was requested by @ElenasDrawings and uses prompt number 1 (Do I look like I give a fuck?). The new season of young justice is so amazing! I've noticed some of the little cameos and easter eggs in the episodes and I love them! Anyway, Hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

Stealing is such an old fashioned word anyway; it's so tied up with notions of property and ownership. But who owns the things that haven't been bought yet? So I don't care what the dictionary says; I don't care what the cops say. This isn't exactly stealing anyway, it's just borrowing and never giving back. I wasn't always this way; I used to snatch and run. My mother told me "don't you ever get caught shoplifting again!" and I didn't. Didn't get caught that is. And why shouldn't I? Don't they make insane profits from the working poor? Don't they ding them for every dime while trying to look good with loyalty programs? Not that I'm Robin Hood or anything...

I met Jason when my mother threw me out to the streets. Jason and I used to work the shops in a pair but then he disappeared so I had to improvise. He usually walked in first, his stolen school uniform all messed up, a ring in one ear and a messy mop of black hair. I would slip in a few seconds later in a neatly pressed Gotham Academy uniform, a perfect ponytail and shy demeanour. The morons would just stare at him, follow him, obsess over his every move. I would pack the bag with a various array of items and then pay for something pink and cheap, mission accomplished. We would split the profits fifty-fifty. Ah, good times.

I have been in this store so often of late, I am their newest and most friendly customer. I know the security guards by name and how many kids each cashier has. I am almost part of the scenery, the guards don't watch me at all. I'm "The typical good girl," completely trustworthy, yeah, me. I dress nicely and carry a laptop bag, my shoes are expensive and my hair well-groomed. After this small amount of groundwork, it is time to reap my rewards. I go for small but expensive items, things I can sell or trade on the streets: make-up, chocolate, pharmaceuticals and batteries. It all goes out in my computer bag and I always pay for something pricey on the way out. 

The man that enters the shop can't be more than twenty-one or so. His eyes scan the shop and I duck my head down with the hope that he isn't looking for me. In this business, you have many...many enemies. I take a hat from the stand near me and quickly put it on, adjusting it so the hat shields my face. I glue my eyes to the floor and walk, thankfully the reason why I targetted this shop was because it has no alarms which will be set off when I walk out. 

One moment I am walking forward, eyes on the exit. Then I am suddenly falling backwards, shock and embarrassment racing through my veins. If I die because of this, I'm not gonna be happy. Before I land on my ass someone's hand wraps around my wrist stopping me from hurting myself. I look up to be greeted by the man I was watching before. He raises his eyebrows as I scurry to remove myself from his grasp, my hat falling off in the process. As I take in his cheekbones, full lips and pale skin I just want to eat him up. There's something so sexy in that look of his.

"I'm guessing nothing in your bag is actually yours." He says.

"Excuse me?" I ask, feigning confusion.

"You do know that shoplifting is a crime, right?" The man asks.

His voice is warm and rich; my heart beats faster than it's probably supposed to. It has been quite some time since I have been caught, I forgot what it feels like. I make sure that the fear travelling in my veins don't make it to my face. My complexion remains (S/C) and my eyes as steady as if I were shopping for shoes.

"Do I look like I give a fuck?" I spit.

"Do you really want to associate yourself with criminals?" He asks.

"Fine. I'll put it all back," I reply, composing myself.

He watches as I empty the contents of my bag on a nearby stand. His expression is of one of pride or something similar. Congrats random guy, you stopped me from stealing, great job! 

"What's your name?" The man asks.

"(Y/N), what's yours?" I reply.

"Dick Grayson," He smirks.

I pout as I take the last chocolate bar from my bag before turning around. I can feel the slightly melted bar in its wrapper, smooth and runny like a sauce. I was really looking forward to having some well-deserved chocolate.

"Would you believe that I have a family to provide for?" I ask.

"No way in hell." He laughs.

"I had to try," I pause before placing the chocolate bar down "There, you happy?" I ask.

"Very." He smirks.

I sigh before walking towards the exit, making sure to hit him with my shoulder as hard as I can. He stumbles back as I slip my hand in his pocket, taking his wallet with ease. I continue walking until I am out of the store and out of Dick's line of sight. I smirk as I open his wallet, sorting through the contents. I almost squeal in delight as I gaze upon the multiple hundred dollar bills that seem to be carelessly stuffed in it. There's probably enough to pay my rent for the next year, excluding his credit card. I feel the guilt come to take me down the old familiar path but I push it to the back of my mind. I turn my attention to the sound of someone's footsteps, recognising the person as Dick.

"You sure are persistent," I giggle mischievously.

"My wallet, now." He demands.

I sigh in defeat as I throw his wallet at him, frustration running through my veins. I seriously needed that money. I cross my arms over my chest and kick at the dirt in annoyance as he checks the contents.

"C'mon, I'll buy you some lunch." He says softly.

"Wait, why?" I ask.

"I'm feeling charitable," He smirks.

"Careful, I might steal a few other things today," I warn with a grin.

"Like what?" He asks.

"Your heart," I flirt.

"Hmm, I'm willing to take that chance," He replies flawlessly.