Penguins Part Two (Tim Drake x Reader)

Okay, so I believe this is the last request I have right now. If I haven't done yours yet please tell me! I want to make sure I've gotten to everyone's so far. Don't worry I've got more than enough of original ideas to keep this book up and running until I get a few more requests. Funny thing is that I've been wanting to do the original ones for ages so I'm happy to get around to them! Anyway, this was requested by  @dipdipqe and @Blue_Leopard_13 so I hope you enjoy! Feel free to request stories if you want to! THIS IS UNEDITED! (I'll do that later).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

I choose the most perfect memory of my father and cling to it. I choose it because at that moment he was the person he should have been, would have been, had it not been for the darkness writhing inside him. In that snapshot, he was something so golden and good I want to keep it forever. Like an old movie reel, I can play it at will; He's laughing, relaxed after mowing the lawn. He asks me if I want an aeroplane ride and of course I do, what four-year-old doesn't? In moments he has my right wrist and ankle. He spins like a shot-putter, but he never let's go. The garden turns into a green blur, I'm flying- flying until he can spin no more. The memory has no smells or weather, other than a lack of rain. The garden is in fine detail: the crab apple tree, the rhododendron bush, the weeds in the flower beds. But the finest detail is his face, creased with love and my joy- not only for the ride but for being with him, for being with my Dad. But now, if I saw him in trouble I just don't know if I'd help. I imagine him dangling from a high-rise tower and the only thing between him and certain death is my outstretched hand. The more I dwell on it the more I see him falling to the cracked sidewalk below.

Aside from my own noisy breath, there is nothing to be heard and it's simply too dark to see anything. The almost black room causes my imagination to supply horrors to fill the void. I've seen darkness before, the kind that makes a street like an old fashioned photograph, everything a shade of grey. This isn't like that. This is the darkness that robs you of your best sense and replaces it with a paralysing fear. In this darkness I sit, muscles cramped and unable to move as the zip-ties around my limbs cut into my skin. I only know my eyes are still there because I can feel myself blink, still instinctively moisturizing the organs I have no current use for. I can't hear anything either. I guess that should bring my heart rate down below the level of "rabbit in a snare" but it doesn't. I've been taught to be a predator, I have the front facing eyes and brain enough to hunt, but I feel like prey in this darkness. My hair had once been pulled back into a neat low ponytail but now sticks to the back of my neck, hair tie forgotten. I can feel dirt covering my face, earnt from being shoved to the ground face-first. My t-shirt is ripped and jeans caked with dried blood. My body is struggling to recover, to repair the damage. My captors have no care for me, I should have known from the beginning.

Tim Pov

 I know I'm anxious when I feel the wind more keenly in my eyes; it's that tearless stage when my eyes take on a sheen of water and a tension builds behind them. I need to shake it off. Now isn't the time or place for tears. Today is a day for false confidence, I'm finding (Y/N) and doing whatever it takes. I guess that's why I'm meeting with the Arkham Knight, I have a feeling he'll know what's going on. By (Y/N)'s ramblings, I know they as close as siblings can be. I stand at the edge of a rooftop we agreed to meet on. I know how risky this is, if Bruce found out what I was doing, he'd most definitely slaughter me. I can see Arkham Knight's motorbike roaring through the streets, parking it at the bottom of the building complex. Even in the dull light, there is no doubt that he doesn't know I'm here. My cape gently flutters in the breeze and it ruffles my hair. What am I doing? Why am I trusting him? In a matter of seconds the door leading to the rooftop bursts open, revealing the Arkham Knight.