Picture Perfect (Damian Wayne x Reader)

I have nothing to say. This was requested by @user11295193. It is based on number 11 (It's cute you think you can intimidate me.). Later edit: I honestly don't know where I was going with this. Hopefully, it is good.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(Y/N) pov
As a little girl, I used to wake up in the middle of the night and wish for the sun. The darkness scared me, my imagination created many beasts with long claws and unhinged jaws to lurk beyond the range of my vision. But now I embrace it. The night provides cover from the monsters of the day, the ones with guns and official badges, the ones who can be judge, jury and executioner in the name of justice and freedom. Even on the most moonlit of nights, I blend into the city shadows, staying clear of the yellow light that flows from the street-lamps. Staying out of anyone's eyesight.

Being a journalist in Gotham means I have to do whatever I can to find a good story. Many people have tried and failed but I am the best. I guess the funny thing is, is well I'm only 17. I clutch my small camera in my hand as I sprint through the incredibly dark streets of Gotham. There was a crime scene somewhere around here and I have to be the first one on the story. I take all the backstreets and shortcuts Jason Todd showed me until I finally found my story. The older police officers stroll through the crime scene almost comfortably while the younger ones try to remain calm. I nestle myself in a small space hidden from all of the eyes that may be searching for crime scene crashers.

Click.

Click.

Click.

I quietly go to work with my small camera. After a few shots, I decide I need a better angle. With a small huff of annoyance, I get up and move to a different spot. Thankfully no one spotted me. My camera almost falls from my hands when I see the poor victim's body being carried out. I shove my hand over my mouth to prevent any noise from being made. The body was only small. How could someone do this? I now notice the large purple question mark that had been painted onto the door of the house. No. This isn't right. The Riddler wouldn't do this. This is something that The Joker would do.

Batman and Commissioner Gordon are in deep conversation as they examine the scene together. I watch intently hoping they would figure it out. A cat hisses behind me and I feel a hand rest on my shoulder. Without thinking I immediately take my (W/T) and point it at the owner of the hand. My eyes meet with ones covered by a deep green domino mask. I gasp and place my (W/T) back where it belongs. His lips curve into an amused smirk. The hood that usually covered his head is down revealing messy jet black hair.

"Tt. I think it's a little late for girls like you to be out?" He asks.

I raise my eyebrows and glare at him. If you want to make it in the big wide world you have to be afraid of nothing. Especially vigilantes. I rest my hand on my hip and raise my eyebrow in annoyance. I am not a damsel in distress and he certainly isn't my knight in shining armour.

"You may have a set bedtime but I don't." I snap.

"It's cute you think you can intimidate me. But I've seen stuffed animals that are scarier than you." He chuckles.

Robin crosses his arms across his chest. I hold my head high and stare into the white lenses that hide his eyes. I wonder what colour they are. He raises a finger to his ear and turns away from me. While he talks to the other person I turn back to the crime scene. I want to believe that The Riddler did this but something feels wrong. Jason always said to trust my instincts, they are almost always right. Robin clears his throat in an attempt for my attention. I bite my lip and look back at him.

"Something isn't right," I mutter.

Thoughts circle through my head but none of them came to the right conclusion. Why can't I figure this out? What is wrong with this picture? I'm not letting anyone tell me I'm wrong again. If I was right about Jason I'm right about this. I have to be. Jason was like an older brother to me, he did everything he could protect me. But as soon as he disappeared I knew he was dead. There's no coming back from that.

"What do you mean?" Robin asks.

"Just think about it. Why would The Riddler go out of his way to murder a family but not leave a riddle?" I explain.

My eyes widen as I realise his intention. Robin moves beside me and watches the police and other important people move around the crime scene. The crime The Riddler committed is the riddle. Why change his tactics now? Why take the blame for another's work?

"Because it wasn't The Riddler," Robin mutters.

Robin takes my hand and drags me after him as he sprints over to Batman. When we reach him Robin finally let's go of me. Commissioner Gordon smiles softly when he catches sight of me. Yet again I am dragged away from where I am comfortable.

"(Y/N) you can't keep doing this! I know you're Barbara's friend but if I see you hanging around another crime scene I will have to arrest you." He warns.

I bow my head and mutter a small accepting response. I can hear the heavy footsteps of Batman and Robin behind me. Gordon turns his attention toward Batman leaving me with hope for escaping. I take one step before Robin catches my arm causing me to internally groan. It's way past my bedtime.

"You will need to clear the area. There is a suspected bomb in the house." Batman demands.

Finally, my bad feelings settle. Gordon looks at me in concern while speaking into his radio. I glance at Robin in worry to find him looking at me, his face laced with concern. I already lost Jason, I will not lose Robin too.

"Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood are on their way. Take the girl home safely." Batman orders.

Even though I want to stay one look from Batman was enough to tell me no. Robin hooks his arm around my waist and pulls a weird looking gun from his belt. His hold tightens and I wrap my arms around his neck. In a flash, I am torn from the ground and flying through the night sky. I giggle erupts from my throat when we land. What is this boy doing to me? Since when did I giggle?

We continue to soar through Gotham city until we arrive at my small apartment. The bright light illuminates Robin's handsome face. He has the kind of face that could stop you from doing anything you were doing before. I guess he must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's expression when they looked his way followed by a shy gaze and a weak smile. Of course, the blush that accompanied it was a dead give-away. It didn't help that he hides his identity, it makes all the girls fall for him I guess. We stand and stare at each other for what seems like an hour. I feel my desperation for his company rise as we step away from each other.

"I have to go. I'll see you soon beloved." He whispers.

One word I had never been called before. Beloved. How can one word cause my knees to go weak and my heart to melt? I open my mouth to say something but after a few tries realise nothing will come out. I close it and decide it was going to be now or never. I kiss him. It is soft and slow and he tastes like November, like hot chocolate on stormy evenings and crisp autumn air.

"See you soon," I mutter.

Watching him leave feels like the hardest thing I will ever do. But hope fills me as I look at the white card he handed to me before. I have a feeling this was meant to happen.