Survivor (Tim Drake x Reader)

Hey there! I'm sorry for the repeated use of time skips, I just didn't know how to nicely transition the scenes. Anyway, this was requested by @Lake_Wyvern and uses prompt 2 "Take one more step and I snap her pretty little neck.". I hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) pov

My muscles tense up as I watch the bat swinging towards me...my already mangled leg to be more precise. The anticipation of the pain does nothing but make the hit more painful. I scream in pain, feeling and hearing the bone splitting into an untold number of fragments as my mind becomes inoperable. I am pulled deep inside myself to someplace that knows how to cope with this kind of pain. My vision blotches with violent colours that move and merge in various patterns and designs. The pain cripples me mentally and physically but somehow Harley's face invades my view. She grins in a way which only a psychopath could before continuing her narration. I close my eyes and attempt to curl into the fetal position but my broken body won't obey my commands.

"Aw, it's just no fun if you don't see it coming." She pouts.

"Please stop," I whimper.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. Where's the fun in that little bird?" She laughs.

The bat then slams into my ribs. Despite my efforts in keeping quiet, I involuntarily scream, my voice coming out as a hoarse murmur. The world turns into a blur, and so did all sound. The taste. The smell. Everything is gone. Everything darkens into nothingness as I pass out into unconsciousness.

*3 hours later*

A voice in the back of my head screams at me to wake up. I want to ignore it, keep my eyes closed and pretend I'm in bed and wrapped in Tim's arms. But fantasy never beats reality. 

My arms ache. No matter how I move them, they are impossibly numb. Sharp pains run through every inch of my body in front of my eyes in colourful spots, each movement I make causing some muscle or bone to ache within me. I reach out to a nearby table and slowly try to lift myself up although realise the uselessness when my body continues to let me down and not move. Regardless, I have to keep trying no matter what, I need to get out of here...away from these psychopaths. 

I am careful to not look at the bodies which had been recklessly discarded around me, and extra careful to not to place my hands on the glass throughout the room. But there is one second which I stupidly look down, and I see the body of someone I knew from high school. Tears fall down my cheeks and strangled cries escape my lips, my hands trembling as I jam my fist into my mouth. My body feels hot and sweat starts trickling down my neck as I senselessly and painfully start crawling forwards. With every move I make, I get more and more terrified. My breath quickens as I hear the creaking of the door as it opens.

 then...

Crack. 

My body feels broken, shattered really. My mind feels like it's lost at sea, desperate and starving for some reason to not give up on living. I am desperate for a memory, good, warm, welcoming, one I can smile too. Then, I remember his smile. Every smile of his is so genuinely sweet and shy but my memories of him soon fade away, leaving me cold and alone.

Tim Drake Pov

My breathing is rapid and shallow. In these moments before my personal hurricane, I'm able to understand drug addicts and alcoholics... anything to stop the primal surge to flee. Once more, I hit speed-dial for (N/N), no answer. I call again, my heart racing faster - no answer. Again - no answer. Again -no answer. No (Y/N). The room spins and I kneel on the floor, trying to make everything slow to something my brain and body can cope with. I feel so sick.