Resurrected (Bruce Wayne x Reader)

This was requested by @Raven20368 and uses prompt 6 (I told you that I'd never leave you; I'm not going anywhere.)

This story jumps around a lot so please keep in mind that I did my best to make it make sense. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

I exhale through my nose in pain. Tears stain my cheeks, making my eyes glassy as I whisper my last goodbye to the walls which have been holding me captive. It never completely occurred to me that being a vigilante meant I'd die young. That it meant I would never be able to watch my grandkids play in the park or happily grow old with Bruce. My thoughts are scattered and out of control as I lay on the floor, my heart slowing and skin paling as my life is slowly, gently, draining from my body like the crimson red blood which is pooling around me. 

Many say that when you die, you will meet a robed skeleton holding a scythe. Some said you go to Heaven or Hell. Some say that you are reincarnated. Some say you turn into a ghost, while some say you sleep for eternity. Maybe one of those will happen to someone else. Not for me, though. Cold tendrils embrace me like my mother used to, my vision fades and a final breath leaves my bloodied lips.

I feel nothing. 

Bruce Wayne Pov

I can see the black outline of the hazardous roller coasters within the park, parts of them obscured by fog. The trees sway eerily in the distance, their outlines slightly blurred, giving off a sinister atmosphere. I can smell smoke, it hangs in the air above me, leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. Decaying cobwebs are strung between beams, neglected by spiders. An elaborate merry-go-round sits in the centre of the park, the once bright colours are now faded after years of neglect. The air smells as if it hasn't moved in years, festering like a stagnant pool of water. I shine my flashlight around, the only movement being the dust which my boots dislodge. Aside from an errant shaft of moonlight that burst through a crack in the boarded-up windows, it is the only light in the abandoned warehouse. I crouch down and peer through one of the cracks in the windows. My jaw clenches as I watch Joker and Harley gaze over some blueprints displayed on the table in front of them.

"Is everyone in position?" I ask through the coms.

"Yep," Tim replies.

"Affirmative," Damian answers.

"Yeah," Jason responds.

"All good to go," Dick says.

I move forward, hidden in the shadows while watching Joker who is now doing a little dance and rotating his walking cane like a circus performer. He then twirls, holding his hands out like a child and stops abruptly, looking around with maniacal pleasure. 

"Whatcha doin' Mistah J?" Harley asks.

"Celebrating my dear," He responds.

"But, we haven't done anything puddin'" Harley states. 

"No time to explain it, we've got some uninvited visitors." He replies.

In only a matter of seconds, an explosion rocks the building. Nails become shrapnel and glass become airborne blades. Wood rains down around us and the faux-brick cladding shatters casting red dust and projectiles into the air. Smoke and fire rush out of the building. When I regain my sight of Joker and Harley, they are already running out of the building and to their escape vehicle. I am going to hunt them down like the vermin they are for taking (Y/N) from me.