Chilli Dogs (Jason Todd x Reader)

Hi! So this was requested by @MarissaYeehaw and uses prompt number 4 (Maybe it's because I died? Maybe that has something to do with it!). I hope you enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

I was never meant to be a hero, well, I guess that changed when my parents died. The Joker crossed the line that day and I promised myself that I would not forget. I promised myself that I wouldn't rest until he was beaten. The Joker murdered my parents in front of me, laughing while he did it. But then Jason saved me, he helped me regain a healthy...healthier state of mental health. So, while Bruce and Jason were out on patrol I stayed back and helped with the technical stuff. I guided them to the danger that they sought out after. I was happy. I had a perfect life. 

But when Jason died, I guess a part of myself died as well. I would describe that type of heartache as an insatiable fire that burnt all the oxygen in my body leaving me empty. For months my head swam with half-formed regrets. My heart would feel as if my blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat. It was as if I was walking in the street and a large truck ran me down - emotionally. Jason was gone, but I was still here. His death impacted every part of my being. I was emotionally taken back to when I was when my parents died.

Not only could I not think straight, but every decision I made was the wrong one. My heart was still beating, but against a chest that felt hollow. My eyes still saw, yet the world that was so close around me seemed so far away. Perhaps I was just in shock, I'm really not sure. But I shut myself down for months before I realised that I wasn't the only one suffering, I wasn't the only one that lost someone. At that point, my memories of Jason became bitter-sweet. I can remember all the good times, relive them, and still live my life.

I let out a sigh, watching it float off like smoke in the cold air. My fingers play with the necklace Jason got me as an anniversary present a few years ago. I notice Dick watching me, his lips turned down in a frown. 

"You need to talk to him (N/N)," He says.

"I know Dick, I just need some time to wrap my head around this," I reply.

"I know, we all do. But someone needs to talk some sense into him. Bruce and I have both tried, he won't listen to us. But he'll listen to you, he always did." Dick reasons.

"Ok, I'll try," I sigh.

I walk back into the manor,  immediately heading down to the Batcave. I clench my fists tightly until my nails dig into the palm of my hand, but I barely notice. The only thing I am really aware of is the sound of my heart throbbing against the cage of my chest. I haven't seen him for over a year and I am struck anew by his good looks. Jason had lost the traces of his youth. I bite my lip, how could I start a conversation when I don't know him anymore? This was a guy I once believed that I would love for eternity, now, I'm not so sure.

He has a beautiful face, I can't deny that. Well defined, with a sharp jaw and angular cheekbones. I notice the glare he greets Dick with softens as his eyes sweep over me. He looks down for a moment seeming to compose himself quickly before looking back up, his features now cold and bitter.

"You surprised to see me, doll?" Jason asks.

"It's time to come home Jason, you've made your point. We...I miss you. Please, you don't have to kill anymore! " I plead.

"I'm not done until everyone suffers just like I did! I thought I would be that last person that you guys would let Joker hurt. If it had been you that he beat to a bloody pulp, if he had taken you from this world, I would have done nothing but search the planet for that pathetic pile of evil death worshipping garbage and sent him off to hell!" He yells.